Funny Transformers Stories

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grim Wanderer, May 22, 2011.

1. Grim Wanderer

Grim Wanderer Well-Known Member

I thought we could start up a thread full of funny shit that's happened to you involving Transformers. Be it out hunting, or with the toys themselves, or whatever.

I'll start off.

Coming back from Botcon one year, I was in a quandary over packing. I'd bought mostly big stuff(Masterpiece Grimlock and Megatron, for example) and really didn't have a lot of open space in my luggage.

However, I had a plan! I'd opened the majority of things and flattened their boxes, then thrown them in my bigger suitcase. I put all the clothes, DVDs, and other "if this gets lost/destroyed/stolen I won't kill myself" stuff in there as well - then put the actual toys in my fair-sized carry-on.

Well, a decent sized carry-on is still only so large...and I had bought like two grand worth of bloody transformers. There was a lot to fit.
    But I had an idea! Masterpiece Megatron is FAR more condensed/less fragile in his gun mode - and it was only logical to pack him that way, of course!

So I get to the airport with my bag. Now keep in mind, this is a carry-on filled with nothing but transformers in various states of transformation. I can only imagine that, to the X-Ray machine, it looked rather...explosive.

So to my great surprise they 'randomly select' me for further screening. Upon opening the bag, they happen upon...oh yes, Masterpiece Megatron in gun mode right on top. Boy did I get popular in a hurry.

Oh, and protip: don't say "Oh no that's not a gun, you see. It's Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, you see." and then reach for it. I was popular before, but this act made me a true celebrity for a while.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Holy shit, that's scary.

Protip to everyone ever: NEVER pack any gun TFs in Alt mode when flying.

3. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Yeah...This is where the orange "Not a gun" plugs on gun toys come in handy.

BTW, what happened? Did you keep the Megatron, or was it confiscated by the airport?

4. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Two fucking thousand taint licked dollars? And I thought I was a impulse buyer. Hahaha.

5. Grim Wanderer

I set aside money for Botcon all year, and probably end up buying there what a lot of other people buy piecemeal throughout the year from various online sites.
    Not that it still isn't a ludicrously large amount of money being spent on children's toys.

And yeah, they realized it was a toy when one of them finally picked it up. They kinda grumbled about things, but just let me pass. I honestly don't know what misfired in my brain that caused me to be so particularly retarded as to bring him that way.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Haha, nice story. I do have to echo the question; where was Megatron's orange plug? Sure it's ugly and removable but taking him in alt mode aboard a plane, that plug kinda is a lifesaver there.

I can't really think of anything too funny aside from having G1 Punch/Counterpunch confiscated from me by a grumpy teacher when I took him to school one day. (I don't remember if I ever got him back, urgh.) I also got a Sci-Fi GI Joe figure confiscated as well on a different day. I was a dumb kid who didn't learn his lesson the first time, I guess. XD

7. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

It'd be funny if BotCon had brochures and reminders on badges (and posters, and elsewhere) about not taking Transformers on aircraft while they're transformed into gun mode. And not taking any gunformer, in any mode, in carry-on baggage. All it takes is one curious kid to rummage in your gear while you're not paying attention, and all of a sudden it's the no-fly list for you.

8. Grim Wanderer

Masterpiece Megatron doesn't have an orange plug...at least mine didn't.

9. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    I know several online sources like BBTS sold MP Megs with the plug installed to comply with US safety laws nowadays. But I guess this particular instance was an earlier imported MP Megs without the plug.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Holy crap, that is freaking hilarious, and scary at the same time.
    Must have been embarassing to have them examine Transformers right out in the open like that.

Me? Well... let me think.
    Thinking, still.
    Still thinking.

Come to think of it, I don't have any funny Transformers stories to share right off the top of my head... I'll have to dig deep into the crevasses and shadows of my brain.

11. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

I nearly got into a fight, because of my dislike of Hotrod. That count?

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Of course it counts (although it it'd be funnier if you actually got into a fight & started quoting TF lines during the fact), but I don't know if even that would top the airport story.

13. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

That would've made it a million times cooler. Instead it was a case of "handbags at dawn"

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, I once picked a random fight [nothing related to Transformers, unfortunately] and I actually screamed "Get Up so I can knock you back down!" mid-way through the fight.

Sadly, my english gets completely inaudible when I scream [ironically enough, like Megatron] it probably sounded like some random gibberish to everyone else.

Besides, that's a relatively obscure Megatron quote [2007 Transformers].

15. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I took a few TFs to school one day (something to do after finals), and I was expecting everyone to make fun of me (I really wouldn't care, that kind of stuff doesn't bother me). Instead, everyone's reactions (including my teacher's!) was something aLong the lines of:

Is that a Transformer? TRANSFORM IT!