Funny/Strange Pet Behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Apr 28, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

My niece had 3 gerbils called Ron, George & Fred and I bought one of those big Rotastak houses for them with all the different levels and tubing for them to run through.

Ron got very territorial and wouldn't allow the other 2 onto the top level...he used to sit by the tube and as they tried to come up his little paws would reach out and whack them on the head! :D 

2. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

I have several dog rescues. One of them, medium sized pup about 60 lbs, has an awesome way of showing affection. She'll slowly come up to one side of my recliner, stand up on her back legs, and lean forward towards my face. If I look at her, she'll kind of hunker down and slowly go in, ever so gently until her head is on my chest nestled below my chin. She'll just lay there forever in that position. It's awesome. It's like getting a little hug from here.

The folks saw her do it when they visited. You'd have to see her look as she carefully goes in, as if she's not sure it's ok, giving you those puppy dog eyes that say 'love me' all the way through. It's priceless. :) 

3. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

One of my pugs (Roscoe) never stops licking his arms and paws. Every chance he gets, he starts licking. If you don't catch him, he will do it until he is raw and bleeding. We've tried all sorts of anti lick/chew sprays, vinegar, hot sauce, etc. Nothing works. He licks it all right off. We literally have to keep the cone on him 24/7 so he can't lick himself.

4. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    One of my dogs is continuously burying the new toy balls we got him and he hides them very well. So he needs to be under direct supervision.

5. Tracker Hound

Tracker Hound Banned

My cat tries to act human. She tends to say "Mao mao", tries using a pen, walk on two legs while holding on to a ledge. She suffers from Separation Anxiety and when I come back from vacation, she would meow really loud. She reacts violently when she gets ticklish. She likes to scratch me for no reason.

6. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

NEW STUFF.
    The foster kittens we have wanted to check out the garage this weekend while I was working on my car.
    Jillian and Ivy wanted back inside, so I took all three of them back in.
    Garrus, however,(yea, my wife named him. She loves Mass Effect) climbed the baby gate right away and ran back after me. He loves it out there! When I was working out there he'd follow me everywhere. Kinda annoying though cause he always tries to climb me when I'm hunched over.
    Also forgot to mention, but we shut our cats out of the room because our older girl has this thing about "marking" the bed periodically. This leads to our boy and younger girl clawing at the door whining to get in. We gave in and started opening the door again because they were starting to tear up our carpet. Our younger girl didn't know what to make of it and was still whining downstairs last night. I lol'd.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

They grow up way too fast. I love kittens.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

One of my cat's has a major foot lust going on, we can't walk past him with out shoes on with out him "hugging" or nibbling at our feet. And both my cat's just love running water to the point where they stick there heads under running taps.