funny little story of new vs old

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Im No Hero, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    i was down at the beach a few weeks back with my grandparents and uncle and i decided to get myself a little gift (chromia sideswipe and dirtboss) and my uncle who was a huge g1 fan as a kid picked up sideswipe and asked who the new guy was i explained to him the story bout the new sideswipe and his exact words were "sideswipe wat have they done to you?) he was amazed that his beloved g1 character was no lnger red or a lambo next on the chopping block was chromia my uncle got her without any help and proceded to call her robot mode ridiculous and couldnt believe she was gonna combine with arcee a few lesbian jokes later we started talking and a genuine thing happened a geewuner and a "new ager" like myself aka beastwars and beyond could honestly talk and discuss things like rirfib and truk not munky and agree disagree etc and it was fun. prolly some of the most fun ive had over transformers.

so here post your stories of new vs old old vs new or just of new and old bringing people of different generations together.

2. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

cool story.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fix'd.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

One time me and my friend were on the bus after I went to town and bought some TFs. There was an old lady on the bus who started talking about her son and how he got the original Megatron for Christmas one year, along with a bunch of the city-bots. She also talked about Devastator! She went on to say she loved the 2007 movie and it made her feel very nostalgic about when her son played with the G1 toys. It was a nice talk!

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I showed my friends the BayMovie cast back at the 80's comments ranged from "gay" to "...are you sure that's Bumblebee?".

It was like, reverse-geewhun or something.

6. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I have something similar to shroobmaster's story. The people I know are movieverse-centric Transfans. As such, they find G1 and Animated (the only other things I own on DVD) a little ridiculous. Animated Bumblebee "is not Bumblebee" to one of them. "Silly" is the word used most often to describe the designs of my non-movie toys (ranging from G1 to Unicron trilogy to Animated, Universe and movie stuff -- no Beast Wars yet). I try to make them see sense and embrace the joys of at least Universe/Classics 2.0. I showed one friend the '86 movie not long ago and this seems to have enlightened her somewhat. She is now of the belief that Megatron should be upgraded into Galvatron and Starscream should have ghost. Progress is slow.

7. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    see coming up on beast wars unicron trilogy etc maybe im biased but how can u not see animated bumblebee as bumblebee he's much closer to g1 than movieverse bee

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    doing a revese g1 thing on my wife at the moment, she's seen most of animated now, and after just for fun we'll watch g1, she likes the designs of the original bots, so i don't think it will be hard.....only the campy humor will be tough