Funny how my interest in Transformers took a deep dive...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Nightrain, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    ...when the cartoon ended. My animated toys are stashed away and rarely thought about. I bought an Octane out of curiosity but passed up Prowl and Sunstreaker, and don't even think about ordering anything online or purposely hunting stuff in stores. I've popped in the news section once a day but not really anywhere else TF related.

That really shows the power an excellent cartoon has over me. In a way it's to the disadvantage of Hasbro because during any other year I would actively look for a reason to stay in the game. Now I feel like staying out of the game until the series returns. The same thing happened with JLU and X-Men.

Maybe it's a sense of completeness?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You could like... watch reruns? :) 

3. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ya im jazzed cause bridge is coming on at 6 in the morning and i love they toys so i dont think i could stash em. the movie figs totally stashed most were not the best but animated made me get a bigger shelf for em. and the reruns help to a degree. the really need to hurry season 3 along.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well about me when the movie came out last year, it made me regret of
    selling my collection 10 yrs ago. But now I started back five months ago.

5. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Well...the shows not canceled or anything...and it only ended the second season a month ago!

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Nah. Just a desire to see what comes next. I go away from my hobbies from time to time on occasion and come back wanting to enjoy it more.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yeah, with the lack of new episodes, my interest in Animated took a dive, too... especially having picked up Prowl, Sunstreaker and Octane. Now my Animated toys are on the shelf till my interest comes back up again.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

MY interest in Transformers took a major dive after watching most of Armada. After that I only watched a little of Energon and practically nothing of Cybertron because they were just so bad.

Fortunately the new movie and Animated brought me back in a big way =D

9. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I totally feel the same way.. And it really is a sense of completeness in the sense that I have pretty much every T F I wanted right now. I mean, I've gone crazy and bought over 30 toys in the past couple months, but still.. With the show's advancement far off, my interest is waning. Not a moment too soon, I don't mind adding-- too much $$$$!!!!

But yeah, wait til Magnus and Blitzwing start showing up at retail... This is a short break before the real lull... or what feels like it because soon you'll start seeing new movie toys... First prototypes and then actual shots or early eBay auctions... Months will go by while we drool over what we see and daydream about what's around the corner... Then when that starts rolling out we'll go crazy and buy everything because the year long hype has been too much... Once you're all pooped out on those, you'll start hearing about season 3... And then the cycle continues!! This is not a disadvantage for Hasbro at all.

And PS - how come when I type "T F" but together I get "Transformers"? I like T F by itself, personally

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thankfully I had the IDW books (never got a chance to read ANY of them until recently) to keep me interested. But yeah, the cartoon kept my intrest in TF:A all this time and now I feel weird. Still, for those who still play with toys the fun doesn't stop often.

Animated is still getting a season three. And considering how well TFs is doing, probably a season four.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I know what you mean, dude. If you need a show to watch you might want to download the new subtitled Beast Wars II. They're in the Video Discussion forum. I feel Animated's a better show, but I've spent nearly a decade wanting to see Lio Convoy in action and subtitled. Here's the first episode.

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Yep, everytime I watch a new show or movie it makes me want the toys. I think the Movie was best for that, everytime I watch it, I fall in love with my toys again. I still have barely any Animated, but I plan to keep buying them, anticipating a season 3. Plus, i can keep myself entertained by playing with them!

13. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Fortunately, I've still the hunt for the toys I still want to keep me going. And my Rodimus kitbash to work on until then.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Reruns FTW

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I have to agree, with the show over, the need to buy is not there as much. Of course it doesnt help that once I got lugnut I literally have not touched the other figures.

Lugnut is awesome as is! I dont know how they could improve unless they somhow got rid of the back kibble and maybe made the mace not so huge

Still toying with the idea of the leader megs but I might draw the line there.

Really want a combiner in animated even though they said no chance. :( 

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I think the reason my attention has remained fairly steady over the years is I haven't been able to stand a cartoon since Beast Machines and I don't collect comics, so the toys are really the only thing I'm interested in. And since there's constantly new toys coming out I rarely get much down time.

17. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Wait, theres a Season 2? How'd that happen? I thought it was one long string of episodes... Was there even a hiatus?

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I'm still pumped up on the toys the universe toys are awsome(bought prowl yesterday and just bought sunstreaker a few hours ago unfourtently no sign of octane :(  )

19. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I looked for Voyager Prime and wave 3 deluxes in the past several weeks. Less interest now.

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah... now that the series is over until another season, my interest has suffered somewhat.

Don't get me wrong, I still want them - but it's suffered.