Funniest gaming moments?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Any time in any game that made you flat out lol.

Everything was hilarious when I was a little kid, but whenever something dramatically devastating happened at the end of a Mario Party game that made the perosn in the lead drop dead last made me roll on the floor laughing even if it were me (I get a kick out of that sort of thing)

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I know everyone pretty much hates the Blue Shell from Mario Kart but every time I'm struggling along in about third place when suddenly a blue shell flies by I'm like "OWNED, BABY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" as it takes out the top two and I get first place (until someone uses a blue shell on me. Then, its no longer funny).

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    on Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64 I had been screwing around on the game level with being invincible as well as having the paint ball code on then my brother comes up and says play a death match with me and i say sure.
    We get it set up and get to grabbing weapons and what not and finally we find each other and open up on one another. neither of us drop dead and we start screaming "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?!" only then i realize i never took off the invincibility cheat XD

4. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Penny Arcade Adventures. All of it.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was that bit in Bioshock 1, where you're in the flooded morgue area of the hospital, where you're going around, and there's this ominous shadow of a doctor taunting you. You keep chasing this thing, until you follow the shadow to a dead-end, where of course, whoever it is mysteriously vanishes.

I happened to be watching my brother playing the game at this point. It was certainly pretty creepy, with both of us wondering what the hell happened. So, as my brother turns to leave the area, I all of a sudden notice something on the walls, and get my brother to stop, and then recheck that dead-end path.

Sure enough, there's access hatches on both sides of the wall for the morgue trays. So now my bro turns to leave again, but this time with the Shotgun pointed at the hatch in the wall.

Sure enough, good 'ole Doc pops out of the wall for an ambush, except that my bro was ready for him, with the shotgun already trained on his head. "Hi!" *boom*

My bro and I were cackling like madmen for awhile afterwards.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Once while playing Destroy All Humans 2 and while I was levitating a human with telekinesis across Albion but forgot to pay attention to the street & got run over by a double decker bus.

Laughed for 10 minutes straight at it.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I remember playing Golgo 13 on an NES when I was a kid and having Golgo (Duke Togo) hook-up with some chick in silhouette...and his health meter started to fill up.

8. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Brutal Legend

basically, when General Lionwhyte appears and flies using his fabolous hair as wings. The image made me laugh solid for a good ten minutes, then i realised I was dead. :( 

9. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

One thing that did make me chuckle was Tali's "I think I love you" dialogue with Shepherd in Mass Effect 2. It was handled so well that you couldn't help but smile at the awkwardness.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anything Dan does in Street Fighter games is pretty damn amusing. But I would have to say playing Toe Jam & Earl with my Brother had some of the funniest moments for me. Opening secret presents with random effects was always funny.

I was gonna bring this up to. One of the more recent humurous but well done moments I've seen.

11. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me, it's pretty much every scene in Final Fantasy V with Gilgamesh. Everything he does is hilarious, though this quote is especially funny:

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh... it is morphing time!!"

12. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Only a couple things come right to the top of my head.

In Halo, near the end when Cortana says about you need explosives then it pans to the chief casually bouncing a grenade "will this work?) or something of the sort, I chuckled.

And WoW and its numerous lil homages to the gaming world always got me

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One that really made me laugh recently was when I was playing Saints Row. Your character never really speaks except maybe a few times in the last mission of each gang.

In one you are going after a chick who took over one of the gangs. You, the former gang leader, and gang member Johnny Gat are riding the elevator to the penthouse. Johnny says he is gonna kill her then skull **** her.. (Long pause) Your character says "Hope you enjoy Hepatitis.." :lol 

In another end clip you've defeated the head guy by blowing up his big rig. After putting the final cap in his ass your gang leader calls up and asks how you are. Finally speaking (again a rarity) you say "I just got hit by a truck. How the **** do think I feel?" He tells you to quit your bitching.

14. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    There's this one moment in Yakuza 3 that happens quite early, where you beat up some punks, and then their boss comes and says how Kazuma's the clan leader...then the punks look like there about to shit themselves.

There's another moment in MEgaman Legends 2 where you can walk into roll while she's changing.

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Mass Effect 2. Mordin +
    Gilbert and Sullivan
    = epic lulz.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    yah that line is classic lulz and the real kicker Gilgamesh is a friggen tree! A Tree of Doom but a Tree none the less.

17. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

There was the one SSB game on the N64 when I finally found out how to use Jigglypuff's secret power when I was fighting my little bro XD Good times, goood times...

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Saints Row 2 has tons of hilarious moments. For starters, pretty much every scene with Shaundi and/or Pierce is gold.

YouTube - Saints Row 2 The Ronin - Keeping It Simple

19. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't you mean Exdeath?

20. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Halo 3. Playing team doubles with a buddy and we decide to go "pacifist". After 1 kill, we skillfully grenade jump to a hidden spot on the map (Epitaph). We are completely out-of-view 30 seconds into the game.

The other team is running around looking all over for us. With 7 minutes left, I send the other team a message. "We're spawning outside of the map near the invisibility power-up. We can't break out of this."

They then proceed to jump off the map for the next 7 minutes looking for us.