Fan Art: Funnies hELP: What website do you make your word bubbles with

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rubber Ducky, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

What the tittle said. Im using the free trial comic life thing but after it expires i need a new comic editing website. please help!

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get GIMP and follow the tutorials, it's awesome. I used to use it.

3. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Opps forget to mention it had to be free

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

GIMP is free. Go to gimp.org, hit the download link, and find the binary for your OS (if you're on Windows, it's the first one).

Also, while I don't do photocomics, I have done the odd bit of lettering, and I've used the Draw vector graphics program in OpenOffice.org.

5. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

I tried gimp but in my opinion its crappy im sorry but its my honest opinion

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Sorry, but to be honest you're gonna be hard-pushed to find a free painting program better than GIMP; it's been my go-to for years.
    How much of a chance have you given it? It may take a short while to get used to the user interface, but that's true of any program, and GIMP has pretty much all the features you're likely to want.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're just lazy. I'm sorry but that's my honest opinion. Try googling a few tutorials and at least give it a proper go.

8. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Please go troll somewhere else

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, gimp does suck but it's the best free one out there. For windows anyway.

Any photo prog will work, even word and paint if all you are doing is balloon placement. No need to over complicate the matter.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Pretty much, your only options are:

A) You can buy the full version of Comic Life or at least ask a family member if they can buy it for you as a birthday or Christmas present -- it's not that expensive, only $30 compared to hundreds you can be spending on programs such as Photoshop.

B) You can, as everybody else suggest, use GIMP. Take the time to learn to use it, look at the tutorials that Superquad7 suggested you take a look at as well as other tutorials available on the web, etc.

Or

C) Just use the Paint program on your computer to add/make speech bubbles to your comic pictures, which should be fairly easy to do.

All of us are trying to give you our best suggestions as to what you can use to make comics when your free trial of Comic Life ends. However, if you're going to go call people trolls just because they feel that you didn't take the time to properly use/practice using GIMP, then nobody's going to help you out at all.

Of course, if you don't want to take any of our advice at all, your only option would be to simply give up making comics until you're able to afford Comic Life or any other program on your own.

Sorry if I come across as being harsh, but... I'm only trying to tell you the honest truth.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011