Minor/Repaint: Funko LoL Fiora "Knight" repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Oct 1, 2018.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So...Many of you have probably seen this thing in your local GameStop, probably discounted for months without selling:
    61PosG+VCZL._SL1024_.jpg

Something about it...I liked...But it definitely wasn't my fancy when I bought it. So I opted to make it into more of a "Knight" rather than a "Cyborg Ninja". And the results were...Mixed:

DSCN0073.JPG

Basically:
    1. Removed the feet and replaced with boots that weren't so blatantly cyborg-like. Mostly because I wanted them for a future project. The boots in question are actually barbie cowboy boots.
    2. Like most of the knights I've made, I went for a Chrome Silver+Gold Trim armor with black cloth and a small red accent somewhere(in this case, the scarf). Metallic green over chrome silver to get an "emerald" appeal.
    3. Since this was a fairly cheap expenditure, I decided to try out some things I didn't want to ruin other projects with :
    Weathered Chrome Silver
    - The Silver Chrome parts that would not be painted gold/black/tan/etc was purposefully scruffed while it was drying with a paper towel. It was then smeared with black immediately and also immediately wiped clean before being varnished one last time
    THAT turned out amazing in my opinion.
    Blended Hair Highlights.
    - The hair was done in a very light blonde base over the chrome silver, from there white&black paint was used to highlight and shade it. A second coat of light blonde went atop that. This was followed by my highlight attempt of adding red streaks to parts of the hair to make it "glow" somewhat. This was finally finished with a top coat of golden blonde.
    This ALSO turned out amazing in my opinion and I DEFINITELY will make use of this in the future for more hair. The hair seems to actually pop and shine more than the actual chrome silver or metallic gold flake paint.

DSCN0075.JPG DSCN0073.JPG DSCN0074.JPG DSCN0076.JPG DSCN0077.JPG DSCN0078.JPG DSCN0080.JPG DSCN0081.JPG DSCN0082.JPG DSCN0083.JPG DSCN0084.JPG DSCN0085.JPG DSCN0086.JPG DSCN0087.JPG DSCN0089.JPG DSCN0090.JPG DSCN0091.JPG DSCN0092.JPG

4. Unfortunately...Funko Plastic + Metallic Flake Paint + Clear Enamel varnish = Sticky plastic.
    And that's very upsetting. Because it basically means that every part of the figure that is gold is also somewhat sticky to the touch and I can't seem to do anything about it because it's purely from the funko plastic.

This was a project just for me, so I don't mind the mistakes so much since I'm not selling it. But it's still very disappointing. I do intend to try my hand at the same design on Funko Zed, but without my favourite metallic gold flake...I am hesitant to even buy it cheaply.

• Like Like x 7
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Definite improvement. The figure appears to have more of a personality now.

3. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    I would love to have the original figure at whatever price they are selling it for. Why must it be so abundant in the US.

Great paintjob. Would actually be usable in game as a chroma for the skin.