Minor/Repaint: Funkatron101 has Radicon ADD. Please help me!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by funkatron101, Aug 9, 2008.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So I would like to think I am pretty active in this forum. I like to give praise, advice, criticism, ect. But I only have one actual entry of my own. Why? Because I can't stick with one project. I lose interest, get sidetracked and start new projects after getting inspired by entries you guys have.

After many years of doing this, I only have five completed customs. I currently have about 9 WIPs.

Here are four that I have started in the past few months.
    Sideswipe (after I saw the recent inquiry thread about the same concept. Easiest to complete. about 80% done)
    Megatron tank in desert colors (about 65% done)
    2008 "Movie-ish" Prowl (50% done)
    and Movie Wildrider (to go along with my Dead End. about 30% done)

Help me decide on which one I should dedicate my time to.

Attached Files:

• wip1.jpg
      wip1.jpg
      File size:
      215.4 KB
      Views:
    • wip2.jpg
      wip2.jpg
      File size:
      184.9 KB
      Views:
  2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I feel you man, I get going on something, and I'll get sidetracked by life or by an idea for a new custom. My work desk is littered with half-done projects, and I got a box in the basement of stuff I'll probably never get around to finishing. Awful.

That movie Prowl looks pretty good though, so I would go after that.

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Dude, those are some impressive work, I like that Megatron because its not cartoony, but more movie-esque and its awesome. The rest are good.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

they all look great but prowl catches my attention more than the others. i like megatron it reminds me of my warpath.

also look at my threads i have more half finished projects than i should as well. there is just so much to the universe of tf's it keeps my mind wandering on the possibilities.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    These are all really cool man! I encourage you to just keep pushing on with your work. We all hit snags, but you just have to fight through em (even if it means putting something down for a while and coming back to it later).

Also, for the record, you are pretty active here. Just keep it that way! :wink: 

6. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    I hope you plan on modding the heads a bit, because IMO "Classic"-style heads look awkward on movie-style bodies...

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I feel yah....we all get like this sometimes. I got two projects going right now that are like 50% done....one just needs paint and re-assembly....and then one more that is more less in the planning stages.

What you have to do is when you feel your self getting side tracked or even bored with it, just take a break, walk away from it for a few days, then come back fresh, and knock it out.

Try to keep as few wips as possible....seeing a piece and/or getting an idea is gonna happen....just get the stuff you need to make it, and store them for later.

I would say go with the one thats most complete first, finish it, and then move on down the line til your done with all the wips you got.

8. funkatron101

Ebay:
    You know I thought that at first too. My camera is pretty subpar, so it doesn't capture things really well, but in person, looking at them from different angles, They seem to work for me. I think the Bumblebee mold is pretty versatile, and with the hand swap, and possibly some putty work on the forearms, I think Megatron looks a bit more "classic."

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Personally, I dig that Sideswipe, man. Do it!!! :thumbs2: 

10. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

They all look pretty good so far, but I'm also diggin Sideswipe the most. And like Plowking said, probably best to work on the one that's closer to done. It'll be quicker to finish and you'll probably feel better having one of them out of the way.

11. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

That's cool stuff! In my opinion your Sideswipe should instead be Overdrive.

12. funkatron101

Ebay:
  13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  ramrider used to have a problem very similar to yours, and I told him that he needed to focus. pick 1 or 2 and force yourself to not stray from them, so that you can get the feeling of satisfaction of a completed project! That's one of the funnest parts is seeing all your efforts pay off, and without that, it can become easy to lose interest of feel burned-out.

14. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel your pain. I think I currently have 4 alternators that are completely pulled apart and sealed up in ziploc bags, with the intent of painting. And I keep getting more ideas too and getting excited along those lines, so I understand completley
    Regards

JL

15. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    I could also be swayed by the bad pics, as noted after your reply, but man... I was struck by how much better the movie molds look with more anthropomorphic heads... Sorry to disagree with ya :D 

Oh man! While the idea is great, I so totally dig the 'Bee as Sideswipe. Hopefully funk will do both.

I'm also captivated by Prowl. It's mostly the stark contrast of black and white - almost any mold looks striking in that color scheme.

Megs just looks boss. Do want.

I'm not personally feeling Wildrider, but I'm not sure why. I'll reserve judgment and comment.

I'd love to see all of these finish in their turn!

16. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ZOMBIE!

But I totally understand where Paul is coming from. I have started a bunch of projects only to get sidetracked. ADD I guess.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It sure as heck ain't because you're returning your calls.

Punk.