FunctionVerse Spin Off Comic

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by CaptainZombieLL, Aug 15, 2017.

1. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

I think it's very unlikely for there to be any spin off series involving the functionist universe as an ongoing or otherwise. What I can see happening is Roberts eventually making an issue or more dedicated to what's currently going on with Megatron. We could see the contrast of how the functionist world was before and after Megatron's influence. And if Roberts ever decides to bring Megatron back into the regular cast we'd have to see the functionist-verse to some extent there too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Well, they could do something like, write a 6 issue one shot about Megatron in the functionist universe until December or the deal is off, once he's done they announce the Megatron book and Alex could start drawing in September/October. IDW, if you read that: make it so! I mean, if Nick and Alex are interested, that is. Don't wanna force anyone into work they don't wanna do :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. gregles

gregles quintesson

Personally currently feeling a little fatigued with the functionist universe and that's not to say that good stories couldn't come from there it's just if they was to go back to there again I hope they would do it in at least few years time rather than go back there now.

If we are talking spin off's I would love a Deadpool esc whirl spin off or one focusing on the sinister goings on in the new and old institute.

4. Kafuka Fuura

Kafuka Fuura Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to read a mini series about Megatron and Orion's adventure in FU. It'd be even more wonderful if it is written by Roberts or Roche. But I guess at the present IDW only cares about the crossovers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't think that'd be a good idea. I think consolidation, not expansion, is the key right now. Fewer titles, but better written ones, would be better than a lot of mediocre to poor titles.

6. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think we'll see them travel back to the Functionist universe at some point. And I see Terminus betrayal being dealt with. But I feel there are more pressing issues that require attention. Like the quest.

I'd rather see Roche and Milne do "Tales of the Wreckers" anyway ;) 
    A nice little twelve issue series between Sins and the (I assume) final installment of the Wreckers trilogy.

7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i have a couple of thoughts on the matter, some of them may contradict each other.

1: The Functionist Universe is James Roberts' baby, it would feel weird if someone else was writing stories set in it. that said, I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts and Lawrence continue the story of the Functionist Universe, while handing Lost Light itself off to Roche and Milne.

2: Megatron did kinda dominate MTMTE season 2. and that is the exact reason WHY Roberts dumped Megs off in to FU. so he could finally tell a story that wasnt dominated by the ole buckethead.

3: IDW probably wouldn't make a FU book unless they could somehow Force GIJOE, or some other shit tier Hasbro franchise like Furby, Monopoly, or Stretch Armstrong into the book.

• Like Like x 1