Fun with MOSC/MIB collectors!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gambit020480, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    I have a theory about the stereotypical OCD collector who goes into fits when dust particles land on thier MOSC figures. Now, understand this. I used to be one of you. I had to keep my stuff looking like the day it was minted and anything else deserved a place in my firepit. But, then I realized that all of this is gonna burn one day anyhow, I'll be long gone, and no one will give a fart about Transformers or anything tangible for that matter. So, I opened everything and displayed it for everyone to see and for me to arrange at my will. Before it was like a job, now a hobby.

The other thing I have found is that, as far as selling them later goes, most loose but mint figures go for just about the same as MOC. So, before the other half starts ranting about their justification of a look, but don't touch policy, I have a theory. All people who keep their figures on cards are into S&M. They love seeing things with a human form in bondage. Agree? :eek: 

2. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    S&m? Wtf?

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Um......what?

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your attempt at flaming has failed.

5. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    A lighthearted approach to a serious attitude about enjoying this life while you have it.

A buddy of mine with three kids and a wife died Wednesday on the operating table for a routine gallstone removal. Thirty one.

Enjoy it while it lasts. You never know when it is your time.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh!?

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm trying to understand what you just said ... you're relating keeping a toy MISB ... to ... human bondage ... kind of ...

:tumbleweed: 

8. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Don't put too much thought into it. Just smile. :) 

9. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

Two different scenarios buddy and a failed attempt at both. I am as you say a stereotypical ocd'er, and I'll keep most of my collection MISB/MOSC. Then, when I die as you put it, my kids will get everything.

But thanks for stopping by and insulting us with your idea of what people should do. Great start to your stay here.

10. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:

There always has to be one. Sorry you took it too seriously and missed the point of the whole thing. Read it again and don't get all puffy about a generalization. It is all in fun. Hence the title.

11. newguy

newguy i

You're not getting it. Yes your children might like TFs too so they get them, but what about your grandchildren and your great grandchildren?

How is that insulting? He just gave his own idea. People these days

Back on topic;
    I love displaying my stuff but it's easier to dust a box than a figure. I keep a couple out for a few weeks then i put them up and bring out another 2 or 3.

12. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

lol, I didn't, not at all. Just say to myself, there is always one who is against mosc/misb collecting. I say to each their own, but don't expect people to agree with what you are saying. Especially the whole, because I collect misb/mosc that means I'm into s&m and bondage??

13. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

What about my grandchildren, I don't understand what you are asking? The insult comes from the stereo types and the comments of s&m and bondage.

14. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    It is all in fun. If you want to be fair, post something that pokes fun at us "displayers" or whatever you like to call us. But, don't take it so seriously. That is the point of the whole thread.

15. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    That is true. Plus MOSC figures can be easily displayed on a vertical surface. I used to pin my MOSC Universe figures on one of my sons walls. They looked cool like that. But, I prefer open display because you can transform them. And let your kids play with them....taking all loose accessories to avoid loss, of course. :)  Plus you still get to display them and it saves space.

16. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

gambit, I get it, I do. No need to poke fun, like I said, to each their own. Just threw me off with s&m, bondage and OCD. My idea of this hobby is keeping everything better organized in boxes rather than loose figures laying around falling and getting really dusty, like new guy said, its easier to wipe the box than loose figures

17. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    The point is: You're trying to poke fun at those lot of people whom collect/value MOSC/MISB stuffs. (And that IS flaming) :crazy: 

Just know that God made everyone different so that we all are entitled to our preferences.

18. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

Yeah bro I'm really into S&F, thats why I keep my Italian G2 Sideswipe, Takara Exclusive ROTF black Soundwave and Henkei Strafe all MOSC. Even if you were joking this is a very bad and tasteless attempt at it. There have been so many dumb posts since DOTM has come out, I cant wait until a few months from now when the "movie rush" is all done with so I don't have to read BS anymore.

19. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

How dare you let a child play with a toy.Everybody knows kids will pick a box they can never open over a toy anyday of the week.I'll never understand MOSC collecters.Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a transfomer? Why not just collect Die-cast cars if you just want to look at Alt modes.IMHO,i'd rather spend 20$ on a toy and not a box.Like others have said,to each their own.

20. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Edit: You termed yourself as "displayer" as you like your stuffs liberated.

But having 'em in loose state, can I call you "LOSER" then?

Don't mind me really, I was only trying to "poke fun."
    :lol 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.