Fun with Mech Tech and DotM Skyhammer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Jun 15, 2011.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got Skyhammer yesterday... LOVE IT.

Did a few things with his transformations and the 7/8 Mech Tech slots that I found real neat.

One nice option is to alter how the Helicopter wings are mounted when he's in Bot mode. Transforming everything but the wings leaves them in a positon where you can hang them as legguards. Mount mech tech and they serve as hip armament storage... Example 1

Alternatively, place the white piece that connects the wings where they should be, then pushing the wings downward towards the legs yields what look like holsters. Here's an example with Sunstreaker's Gun attached: Example 2

If you instead raise the wings all the way up, you get two slots to shoulder mount weapons per wing. Ex3

His Claw/Gun also happens to have two Mech Tech pegholes whose attachments' angles are preserved whether you pull the claw out or not: Ex4

Ex5

Oh, and you can make one wing as a Holster, the other as a Shoulder mount... like this pic where I loaded Skyhammer up with all sorts of weapons.

Lastly... If he's in helicopter mode... you can opt to only transform the legs to get a Bipedal Helicopter... lame alone, but covered with weapons... quite nice.

Here's 3 more images in 1: The Bipedal Helicopter, Skyhammer with A TON of Weapons (Holster and Shoulder Mount), and a nifty pose.
    Ex6

I say get him. Definitely a fun figure.

Attached Files:

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Excellent

3. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grabbed him on sight and for a few minutes regretted doing so as it felt like a senseless impulse buy...

And then I transformed him, started fiddling with things and quickly realized that he's probably the best voyager in the DOTM line.