Fun with lasers & LEDs

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dracomancer, May 30, 2012.

1. Dracomancer

Dracomancer Well-Known Member

I've been souping up my G1 collection lately with some new reprolabels, a bit of touch up painting and a few upgrades such as a Matrix of Leadership package for my Optimus Prime. Seeing that the Matrix's heart is transparent blue it'd seem easy enough to put a small blue LED into Optimus' open back to have the Matrix light up. Similarly, I was thinking that it shouldn't be so hard to tuck a tiny laser pointer into G1 Megatron's fusion canon. The trick would be to find existing light+battery setups small enough to easily fit in place; preferably with an easy way to turn em on and off.

I'm just curious if anyone has tried adding some LEDs or lasers to their toy displays and, if so, what kind they used and what the results were. Pictures would be great! Thanks.

2. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    A good source for cheap led setups with wiring/switches are light up fast food toys. Break em open and you have a nice set up for lighting a custom toy.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  4. Dracomancer

Dracomancer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up hthrun! I'm still finding my way around the boards and its many hidden resources. This is a great help.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    You're welcome! The tutorials here are a great.