Fun times, idiots, and tattoos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NemesisPrime, Aug 31, 2007.

1. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

Just thought I'd share my current going ons and get a little feedback, but first:

A little background:

Sketched this out back in Highschool (the original tribal), and thought it was cool so it became my first tattoo. The artist took a picture and put it in his portfolio. I was at Ozzfest and ran into the guy who had the exact same thing, color and all. We confirmed who it was and well...time for a change!

(And I know...tribal :ugh:, I was 18.)

My artist took a pic, blew it up, printed it out and started sketching. I told him I wanted something Giger-esque, that can lead into a full sleeve. We decided on an Alien for the cover up, and the background TBD. Here's what we have so far:

Cliffs: Ass sold my tattoo in his portfolio to another person. Went to my current artist and came up with:

[​IMG]

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Kewl! Ripley would be afraid

Get the Predator on the other arm and make your shoulders fight each other.
    Would be awesome on youtube

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love it--but I'd do the Predator on his right forearm, with the head on the wrist, so he could flex his arm up and they'd be facing each other for combat.

Either way, have fun with the tattoo. I need to get off my ass and get my first one out of the way soon.

4. DMK

DMK Flame-Haired Raptor

That'll be a bitchin' tat for sure, excellent cover up and the base art is fantastic.

And I dunno how you didn't go back and strangle the tat artist; I know I would have. (Friend of mine just went to a place called Cliff's yesterday to get her tat fixed up, be funny if it were the same joint.)

5. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Nice design, I like it alot. The only nitpick I would have is that the Alien looks like he's been lifting some weights. He just doesn't look right with the muscley arm. I think the head could be a little bigger too. But, again, I'm just nitpicking, and I really want to see the finished work.

Also, it sucks to hear that your original design was ganked. I know I'd be pissed if someone had done that to me. I don't have any unique tattoos really though, so it's not an issue (they were all made from existing art, be it wood cuts, jewelry, or symbols).