Fun, odd, annoying or memorable theater experiences

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Greyley, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that's why he responded with what he did.

2. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

I took my friends 10 year old daughter with me to see it in IMAX opening day (she's a big fan of the movieverse). I will always remember the feeling I had when I saw one of the first scenes was Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's ass going up the steps and wondering if I had made a huge mistake bringing a kid to see this. Luckily everything was okay after that. Also people had applauded at the end, as they did at the end of the film in 2007. Thought that was cool.

3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    only two times i heard people clap: Avatar and DotM.

4. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Quoted for truth. I saw it in a full cinema in absolute silence. Although everyone laughed at the adverts for 3d tv, with the American dudes high fiving each other to explosions.

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I remember that once the flyman scene came the guys behind me commented "That looks so fucking ******ed!"

And that's it basicly. The two kids in form of me look bored like hell the first hour or so, and kept going to the bathroom...

6. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

When Ironhide got killed off atleast five or six people shouting "HOLY SHIT" in unison :lol 

7. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I bet people from other countries get a big culture shock when they come to the US. :lol  Though I've never understood the logic of clapping at the end of a movie...the creators aren't there to hear it, so what's the point?

Yep, I understood what you meant. I just don't see why age should be a barrier to enjoying a fun movie. Considering that a good chunk of the fandom is thirty-something and heading toward forty, if there's an age limit on TF fandom then a whole lot of people are going to be in trouble soon. :p 

8. Red Dog

Red Dog Well-Known Member

First viewing, I saw TF DOTM at midnight in IMAX 3D. The opening scene where Carly is walking up the stairs to greet Sam in bed, a huge black guy two rows behind me shouted: "YO! What's my girlfriend doing on screen?!" The entire theater, including myself, laughed our asses off.

My second viewing in REAL D 3D, two eighty-something year old women were sitting two rows in front of me (My friend and I joked that they were going to have a heart-attack when they saw the special effects). When Buzz Aldrin came on screen in the hangar, the two old women started going nuts! "Ohhhh goodness! That's Buzz Aldrin! Ohhhh boy!"

When Megatron shot the Lincoln Memorial: "Poor Abe!"

Then, when Sentinel used the famous Spock line: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" the two old women again went nuts: "(laughing) Ohhhhh Mary, that was very clever! Star Trek!"

And when the Driller bot started to take out the building: "Oh my, this is terrifying."

Needless to say, my friend and I were in laughing our asses off throughout the entire film hearing their commentary.

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    A baby cried for about two minutes near the end. I felt like saying "Take it outside!" but managed to keep my cool. Other than that, the audience (not a very large one) was pretty quiet and polite. Thank god.

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    More dude MORE this stuff is gold :lolol 

11. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well dudes the fam and I went at midnight and it was pretty cool, there were a couple guys who made their own Optimus and Megs G1 helmets, they were pretty cool, we got there early so we were in the first 5 or so people in line.....Ill post a pic up later:) 

Yeah seeing all that Bayhem and Autobot metal coming at you is a bit much to take at around 2am!!!!!!

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It certainly is a little strange at first but to be honest I like it, and to be honest I couldn't hold myself back from clapping. It seemed a fitting way to send off the trilogy.

13. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Well, went to see the movie with my two best friends. One of my friends is a superhero/action movie junkie while the other one likes a few movies, including Harry Potter, which means I'm hoping DOTM stays #1, while she hopes Deathly Hallows beats it. Anyway, throughout the entire movie, me and my movie junkie friend are discussing, staring, and watching (in awe, of course :bay ) the movie, while my other friend just sat there. We enjoyed the movie much more than her. She liked it, but not as much as we did, and we both scolded her for saying it's only "o.k." Afterwards, we went to Wal-Mart, and me and my junkie friend decided we'd have a little fun in the toy section. We were parading around the store with DOTM toys and masks :crazy: , and she kept on telling us to stop, like the party pooper she is.

14. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Saw it for the third time last night- had a little ten or eleven year old sitting three seats away from me. He was into it, hardcore. He would mutter "You're a jerk, Sentinel!", "Oh, no!" and "Damn!" at all the right places, but the moment that made it for me was him, rocking back and forth with glee, as Megatron shot Sentinel in the back. The kid was ecstatic, pointing at the screen and looking back to his mom.

It was probably one of the most memorable experiences I've had at a viewing of any of the trilogy. He just made me realize why I love Transformers so much.

Thanks, kid.

15. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Wait, what?

I saw DOTM for the first time on Sunday afternoon in 3D at the IMAX in London with a couple of friends (would've seen it earlier but I've been away on holiday) and I was particularly looking forward to seeing it was my birthday. Unfortunately it was memorable for the wrong reason: about 10 minutes before the end when Optimus and Sentinel are fighting on the bridge, but before Megatron turned up, the screen went black, the sound played for a few more seconds then cut out and the lights came on. Cue boos and shouts of 'What the ****' from nearly 500 people. It took over 5 minutes for someone to come out and apologise and explain they were fixing the problem, then another 5 minutes and the guy came back and said it would start again in 30 seconds. It did start again right where it left off but I don't know why they couldn't have started it from a minute or so before as it interrupted an important scene. Also when the film came back on it wasn't in full IMAX, perhaps 2/3 of the size (something to do with using a digital version rather than a film reel version I think). Having a 10-15 minute interruption at that important point really messed up the flow of the film so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have, it was still cool though.

16. Dreamchylde

Dreamchylde Fangirl Supreme!

When we went to see the midnight showing of ROTF there was a guy in full Bumblebee cosplay sitting behind us with a teenage girl bitching about how "stupid" all of this was. When Optimus Prime died she was bawling and I could only sit there and gloat about how we had another convert to the TF-fandom.

For DOTM midnight showing, we sat in a theater packed with teenagers who were yelling and texting and causing all sorts of havoc, and I started to regret that we had come. The moment the movie started the theater went deathly silent. It was FREAKY, but they all shut up and were completely enthralled. Right as Bumblebee breaks free from Soundwave and shoves his cannon through the one Con's chest, a guy directly behind us jumps to his feet, throws his arms in the air and cheers like the Autobots had won the Super Bowl.

At the end of the film the whole theater cheered and clapped and the whole experience was surreal.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

When I went last week, on July 6th, to see DOTM, there was an older lady and one older couple in line right behind me who bought tickets to see DOTM. Needless to say, I found it rather interesting that there are people old enough to be my parents who wanted to see the movie. They just didn't strike me as the kind of people who would want to see a movie about giant alien robots fighting a war on Earth.

Other than that, nothing really happened in the theater when I went to saw DOTM -- which wasn't all that packed... just the one older lady and older couple I mentioned, plus three kids who were on their own and a couple other groups of people seeing the movie together. They laughed at a couple of funny parts, but that was about it.

18. Red Dog

Red Dog Well-Known Member

I will never forget those two old women...I hope at that age I'm still going to see movies like this. It shows that you are never too old to see Transformers!

19. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    My first time seeing it I went with my little brother and my mother since they both like the movies too. (My mom is a big Patrick Dempsey fan. Ha. Ha. Ha)

I looked at my mom and started laughing when Dilan revealed his decepticon associations. She had a look of shock on her face. I laughed for 2 seconds before remembering we were in a theater.

Then when bumblebee was about to bite it both my mom and my brother were getting scared for bumblebee. "Oh no not bumblebee : O" and "Oh no they're really going to kill him : (" Que's death had them sure the same would happen to bumblebee.

Then I went a second time on my own on the 4th. There was about 20 people. I remember noticing a pair of teenagers on a date up a few rows behind me and a family the row behind me with 3 kids who were really into the movie.

Sentinel's betrayal I heard someone gasp. And on of the kids had his jaw on the ground practically shocked. Everyone laughed and all at the right time. I don't remember anyone applauding which was sort of a let down but not too much.

20. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Saw it at a local IMAX with my date. She and I were seated at first two seats of an upper row. Sometime later, a guy squatted beside my date's seat apparently looking for the row letter, it was taking him too long, and I told him "Letter "N", it's letter "N"!". It bothered me because I thought he might me some sort of perv or something or maybe I was just being paranoid and he was just severely myopic.

Some other annoying things that happened:

- people coming in when the movie had already started and passing in front of us, told them to hurry up since they seemed to be taking their own sweet time;
    - two kids passing in front of us and stepping on our feet/toes, not saying anything like "sorry" or "excuse me", same thing happened when they returned, maybe from the loo.

People cheered and clapped at the end of the movie. :)