Fun, odd, annoying or memorable theater experiences

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Greyley, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I always love hearing about strange or funny things that happen to people at movies, so I thought it would be fun to talk about it. Anyone have any unusual or entertaining stories about your DotM moviegoing experience? Any time the room is packed full of people watching a blockbuster there are bound to be some interesting and unexpected things happen.

My unusual experience actually isn't funny at all...during my second viewing, a girl sitting behind me (she looked like she was in her late teens or so) was obviously shocked when Ironhide was killed. She cried pitifully for about 10 minutes after it happened. I felt so bad for her. :( 

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Here's my CSB for DOTM:

Saw the Tuesday 9pm show. Got there at 7:30 to a full parking lot, figured the line would already be long. Nope - there were 2 guys there and that was it. About 15 minutes later some teenage dude with 2 girls that were way out of his league showed up to stand in line... for the midnight show. Somehow this kid got 2 really cute girls to not only go to see DOTM with him, but also to sit there and wait in line for 4 hours for it with him.

The crowd for the 9pm show was about as diverse as I've ever seen. Young families, couples in their 60's, groups of friends, etc. Split evenly between men and women. Cheering and whooping at the start, laughter when it was appropriate, silence when it was needed, and applause at the end. I don't think one person got up the entire time. Great crowd.

3. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    Nothing ever happened except clapping at the end of dark of the moon.

Great time

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

When I went to see DOTM with my best friend, he did a absolutely HILARIOUS Leonard Nimoy impersonation [particularly mocking his accent, it really sounded like the guy], I spent a good while laughing.

Of course, we obviously stopped laughing when Sentinel killed Ironhide...

5. bearweezie

bearweezie Well-Known Member

Went to the 9 p.m. showing opening night, in the scene where Optimus was pissed and Iron Hide says "Prime make something of yourself" the power went out right after Optimus transformed. The whole theater was pissed and everyone let out moans and groans. It took about 5 minutes to come back on so I missed that whole scene, never knew Buzz Aldrin was in the movie till the second time I watched it.

6. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    WIN :bay 

7. Zuri1337

Zuri1337 Well-Known Member

There were two guys sitting behind us during the movie that got REALLY excited during all the action parts. They would whoop and high-five eachother and I'm pretty sure they made out with eachother during that Jet Optimus part.

BTW ,was the accent "Young Spock" Nimoy or "Really Friggin' Old Sounding Xehanort" Nimoy

8. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

My wife cried her eyes out when she thought Bumble was going to be sent into space, then apparently blown up. Bless. I nearly cried at Shockwave getting shagged out of sight by having a hanky draped on his head.

9. Overlord Balder

"Really friggin old Sounding Xehanort", and he makes probably ten times older.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Strange.

11. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Anyone who cries during this movie should never watch Hachi or probably any drama. Sorry but that's a little to sensitive to the extreme.

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw the film in the US so I got to enjoy the following:

- people cheering and clapping when OP shows up in the jetpack
    - the cinema bursting into strong applause when OP ripped Megatron's head off
    - clapping at the end of the movie

If I'd have seen this in the UK then everyone would've been the silent the whole time. I remember seeing TFM 07 and being the only person clapping at the end.

13. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Why is it strange? Transformers is a concept that has universal appeal. I'm glad that lots of different demographics are enjoying the movies. It should be obvious anyway, since no movie can approach $1 billion unless it appeals to more or less everyone. I don't understand why some people want TFs to be an exclusive club that only allows teenage boys in.

Wow, that sucks. They could at least have had the decency to rewind it.

14. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

Sounds exactly like me you saw there :lol , cept I only cried like a b*tch for about 5 minutes. I hope I didnt bother anyone around me, cept the theatre I went to was kinda empty. Whoever it was you saw I feel her sorrow too. :cry 

15. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Whe I first saw DOTM, the sound completely cut out during the scene with the dreads, which resulted in a whole bunch of guys in front of me yelling "refund, refund", one guy got up to tell the attendants, then the sound came on and he had to walk back up, which caused the same guys in front of me to laugh at him.....then the sound cut out again, and the guy got up again, and then everybody laughed.
    On my 2nd viewing, I saw it at another cinema, not much happened (largely because there were only about 10 other people) but when bumblebee was about to get shot by soundwave, my friend started to cry a bit, and I just burst out laughing at her, which resulted in me having a coughing fit as I choked on my sweets.....so it's quite likely that we ended up annoying quite a few people.
    Oh, and when starscream (who is my fav movie character btw) died on my first viewing, some jerk yelled "HAH!" really loudly, which was annoying

16. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

A couple guys behind me booed the preview for "Real Steel" (the Rock'em Sock'em Robots movie). I chuckled a little at that. Nothing else happened that was out of the ordinary. My mom said that when she and my sister went some little kid worriedly exclaimed, "are the good guys going to win?" during the final battle. Also, according to my sister, my mom exclaimed "YES!" loudly when Optimus executed Sentinel, lol.

17. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You do know that I meant that couples in their 60's was strange, right?

18. Overlord Balder

That MIGHT have been me [I remember saying "HAH!" loud at someone's demise, don't remember who, though], but probably wasn't, unless you happen to have travelled to Brazil to watch DOTM.

19. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I ordered tickets for IMAX, but my theater never got the film from Paramount and they canceled the showing. So to show their concern they refunded my money (I ordered 7 tickets) and they let us in free to the first showing and they gave us free tickets to another showing. I'm going to go see the IMAX version with them when it comes later this month. :D  I'll always remember that.

20. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Well, the people in the theater clapped at the end of DOTM, which is something I've never seen happen before