Fun at Comic Signing (Feat. Geoff Johns, Marv Wolfman, Norm Rapmund)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today I went to my first comic book signing at my local comic shop. Writers Geoff Johns, Marv Wolfman, and inker Norm Rapmund were there. I got the following issues signed:

Infinite Crises #1 by Geoff Johns
    Infinite Crises Secret Files and Origins by Marv Wolfman
    Teen Titans Annual #1 by Marv Wolfman and Geoff Johns
    Green lantern #1 by Geoff Johns
    JSA Classified #1 by Geoff Johns

After I introduced myself, Geoff Johns asked me if he could write something else on my JSA Classified #1. Check it out:

[​IMG]
    :lol 

I also picked up this cool Crisis print created by Norm Rapmund and signed by all three men. (Limited to 300):thumb 

[​IMG]

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Now that is cool. I have a short box full of signed stuff. And the creators are always awesome. Never met one I didn't like. One I am "meh" about but he's still okay.

Anyway, I love when they personalize books. I have 2 or 3 like that. Jurgens signed my Superman 123 with the regular "Best Wishes Chris". Seeley signed my GIJoe Frontline 17 "Thanks for Everything", and Jim Palmiotti signed my Deadpool 54 "Buy this book or I shoot this freak".

I really need to see Johns, Palmiotti, and Conner again so I can get my JSA Classified signed.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I envy you. No one ever comes to freakin' Iowa. :( 

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that AH cover is a godsend.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

When I met Peter Cullen at BC 04, after be singed the print for me, I asked him to say "Arise Aurora Prime" (line from a dead fic series) so I could record it. He did, and then as I came around the table to get my picture taken, he went back to the print and added the line to his sinature. I was floored. He then asked if that was "okay."

Dan "Bumblebee" G-something (no idea how to spell it, sorry) just put the generic "best wishes" but he did ask me who to sign it too and we made small talk as I wait in line. He's a cool guy.

I also got G1 Ongoging #0 signed by the Dreamwave crew. Just their names, but I got to talk with Brad Mick and Don, who were hella cool. I really wanted to pick a fight with Mick about how he was ignoring Volume 1, but he was just cool and heard me out said he was going back to it. He's good guy in my book.