Fullmetal Alchemist Finale (*spoilers*)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spider Striker, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Well, after a long ride of "holy shit!" and "wtf" FMA has ended, and I'm satisified with how it ended. It's not perfect, but considering some of the other endings out there (*coughngesorcererhunterscough*), it's fine. No where near the disappointment some of my friends lead me to believe. I know there's still the movie, but if there wasn't, I'd be happy with it.

Some highlights:

--Mustang vs Pride
    --Dante getting just what she deserved
    --Al's final speech

So what did you all think?

2. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I was personally disappointed by it. I just didn't like the resolution of Al and Ed. Even though I didn't expect less, I was still holding out hope for a happier ending. Ah well, at least the manga is different and I can hold out for a better ending there.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That's not the real ending. There's still the movie.

4. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Yeah, I definitely would not have been all that happy had that ending been the real final ending. Now it's going to be a difficult wait for the movie (even if it will be out not that far from now) to see exactly how it all plays out. I read a synopsis of the movie a while back and it sounds like it ends well, although it didn't sound like what I would consider the perfect ending for the series. But hey, I'll make that decision when I actually see it.

5. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

My only complaint is that a few story elements were left unexplained. Gluttony had no origin and it was never explained who pride originally was or how he came to power. Where Envy ended up is left open too but I think that was intentional to leave room for the movie.

The big thing I wonder about Dante though. Why go through all the trouble of creating a phillosopher's stone? Why not just bond her soul to an inanimate object like Al? Or alternately into a homonculus that doesn't age? Seems she missed the obvious.

6. Spider Striker

I too would have liked to have the perfect happy ending, but I knew from the get go I wouldn't be getting one as very few Animes have those. And again, there's the movie (which Adult Swim had better play), so who knows? (Aside from the cheaters that is. ;) )

That's a good point about Dante though. What a dumbass.

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Well Dante for one I think preferred having a human body. Al didn't want to spend his life as a living suit of armor, I'm sure she wouldn't have either. As for attaching her soul to a Homunculus body, again all of them wanted to be truly human but that would have also meant giving up Alchemy as they can't use it (except for Wraith who had Ed's arm and leg).

We do know that Pride was created by Dante and that he was created to age like a human. He probably went up the ranks as any normal person would until he finally became the Fuhrer. As for who he was created from, well they said Greed has based upon one of Dante's former lovers, so I think it'd be possible that Pride was as well. Gluttony we really know nothing about. All Dante ever said about him was that he was made to help make a pure Philosopher's Stone or something like that.

Anyway... Wow. I really enjoyed this show. I can't believe that's how they ended it but thankfully there is still the movie.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I do have one question. Who was the guy Ed's father was talking too? I couldn't really make out his name when he said it.

9. Sparky Prime

I had to look this up... I believe that guys name was Professor Haushofer.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks. Is he supposed to be somebody important?

11. Spider Striker

I was wondering that myself. If so, I betting he's some sort of historical figure, ala Einstien and Churchill.

12. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

The guy WILL be important ;)  DUM DUM DUMmmmmmmmmm

No joke.

13. Sparky Prime

I just did a google search on the name Haushofer and it appears that there was a historical figure by that name. I have no idea if he's important to the FMA story though since I haven't seen the movie yet. It looked like that group Hohenheim was joinning practices some form of alchemy though so I'm thinking that'll have some kind of role in the movie at any rate.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Downloading movie now.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    There have been rumors of Hitler being involved with the magic and the occult for a long time. Maybe this guy introduces him to it? It's the only connection I can think of.

I want to see what happens when people see Ed's automail. Please tell me there's at least a couple good reactions in the movie. lol

16. Spider Striker

I just want to respectfully ask any movie spoilers get their own thread. I personally won't get to see it until either Adult Swim airs it or it's dubbed and released on DVD.

17. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

No worries, I hate it when people spoiler stuff, Im not going to post in this thread about it. dont worry. :thumbs2: 

18. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

If you haven't figured it out ppls, FMA is an alternate reality of WWII.

King Bradley's Hitler.

The Ishbalians are Jews.

Ad and Ed are based on real live alchemists.

Hohenhiem(their Dad) I believe it also based on a real person.

The whole storyline is fabulous and the art is superb. The fight scenes kick ass too. I can't wait for the movie to come to the states. I'm still waiting to see this "monster" that's supposed to come out of the philisepher's stone.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Actually it's WW1.

20. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Yeah I just read that on the net. :confused2 

Funny, I always saw it more like WWII that WWI. :sly2: