Full live action chipmunks trailer

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will never see this in the theatre, but there is David Kross, and it doesn't look THAT strayed from the old cartoons personas. I also laughed at a couple of the scenes in the trailer- so while it's easy to say you hate a kids movie for how stupid it is, I will just say that it looks like a kids movie with some actual humor spliced in. I really don't know why everyone has to bash kid movies all the time- except for the fact that it's another old '80s cartoon rehashed into a movie, so obvioulsy the idea isn't original, but everyone should really stop expecting originality ESPECIALLY when clicking on a link to a Chipminks trailer. (You know, if you touch a fire, it burns, right? So, you don't touch it...)

Oh, and I don't really consider the TF movie the same thing, since the Chipmunks have dropped off the map for many years now and TF never did.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. When I realized it was there I debated if I wanted to change my wording to get rid of it but decided to let it go.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I gotta ask--what's his appeal? I mean, I think he's pretty funny and all, but he made Run Ronnie Run before and now this? I mean, Bill Murray occasionally does some great stuff still, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go see Garfield just for him.

4. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Cross’s stand up is brilliant and he is good in a sketch comedy format like Mr. Show. Run Ronnie Run is feature length version of a Mr. Show sketch and like most Saturday Night Live movies it didn’t exactly translate well. He was good in arrested development too. His movie rolls though tent to be lacking, and what I always find odd about it is it seems like when ever he is in one of these movies it seems like the sort of thing you think he would hate. So either he’s in the Chipmunks because on some level he really believed in the film or he was looking for an easy pay day that he could just phone in.

5. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Im 28 and I'm going to go see this with my friends. I guess unlike some folks I'm perfectly ok with a re-imagining of things I watched and enjoyed when I was young. This movie (same with TF) is NO WAY going to change the way I enjoyed the old cartoon.

When you really think about it "Our" chipmunks, weren't the original chipmunks, They were reinvented for a new generation, our generation; thats all thats going on here.

I'm guessing that most who are reading this thread are in their mid 20s early 30s, and I would think that we're old enough to acccept that things change.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Have you seen the movie forum?

7. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Yeah. Thats some funny stuff

8. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Bob Odenkirk and David Cross totally disassociate themselves with the movie. The director took over creative control and didn't involve them with the editing and the final creative decisions. They were totally fucked over by the Director.

9. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    it's the original voices except dave

10. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I probably wont see it, but it honestly didnt look THAT bad. The Chipmunks are more or less the same personalities, just...smaller. They ever got the same voice for em. (Compare to older cartoon clips, it's the same voices) It DOES look like they've changed the relationship between them and Dave, but I suspect they're going to be making this one of those 'Guy finds he likes being a dad' plotlines.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You do know that anyone can be a chipmunk when their voice pitch is changed?

Right?

12. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    yes... i even sound like alvin

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These actors actually have their voices changed. ;) 

14. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The original voices WHERE David Seville way back in the 1950’s. Did you know the 80’s Chipmunks and now this movie are actually raping your parents childhoods and not yours?

15. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    thank god it's not raping my childhood

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I was a fan of Mr. Show, he was great in Arrested Development, ok in "Just Shoot Me", his standup is good, and his small bit roles in movies, such as in Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, are always decent. He also did some voices in games I like, such as Halo 2 and GTA: San Andreas. Still, I just think its a redeeming factor and not enough of a reason to see a movie.