Fu u.s.p.s!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Dec 31, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure if this is the spot for this rant, but since it's about USPS possibly screwing me out of BRAVE MAXIMUS! I'll post it here.

F@CK YOU UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE! On the 22nd my RID Brave Maximus was shipped to me from PA via "Priority Mail". On that very same day my repro Brave Maximus upgrade set was shipped to me via EMS from CHINA! On Monday the 29th I got my repro set, as of right now I still have no Brave Max!!! The tracking information hasn't been updated since it was accepted. I called the post office on Monday and they said that my package was out for delivery. I got nothing. I talked to my mailman today (Tuesday) he said there was nothing out Monday, or today (Tuesday). On a side note my mailman is awesome. I always have my mail by 11AM when he's working, and he never does anything stupid with my packages. So I went to the post office to see what they had to say and they had no record of the package beyond it being received in PA on the 22nd. I really hope they figure out whats going on cause I really want my Brave Max! It's not like its easy to loose a 3 foot, 9 pound package!

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Dude, I hope you had insurance.

3. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    let's hope that the tracking is for crap and is probably in a truck or fell behind in a post office. give it some more time. USPS is something i dont trust when it comes to tracking. i know when i order from amazon i'll get an email saying hey we got a shipment ready for you. we'll let you know when it's going to ship. then the same day i get the package at my door.

knock on wood for me. nothing bad has happened to me with usps.

good luck bro

4. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah its insured, but I'd much rather have my damn Brave Max instead of my money back.

5. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I had a USPS package tracking number pop up as "Arrived at Unit" for the 27th, and I didn't get it until the 29th. USPS' tracking is absolutely garbage. Don't trust it. Just wait a bit and it'll eventually show up at snail speed.

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Does the tracking actually say it was accepted in Pennsylvania? If not, the seller could have just printed out the label but held onto the item for a bit longer before actually dropping it off at the Post Office.

7. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    For those times where usps's tracking system sucks the hard one I enter my tracking into boxoh.com . There you go, try it out.

8. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I had a USPS tracking for my universe dinobot and it didn't update after leaving china on the 13th of December until it arrived at my house on the 27th.

9. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Man, first of all do not despair, I bought my exclusive black g1 tracks on december 8th and by december 11th the tracking info stated as "delivered on dec 10th at 4:30 pm, i was in despair because it was $300.00, I went to the post office on dec 11 around 4:00 pm and asked about that package but they knew NOTHING, man i was getting nuts.

I had a "missed delivery" notice from another package for my wife that i took with me to see if by any chance it was there too but they found NOTHING so here I was, one package I knew i missed delivery and I had a note, but the other one (and the most important for me) was suppoedly delivered to me two days ago!!! man i was getting very upset now, well the lady at the post office said to me to come back the other day to see if the package that I was claiming with the note was there and to speak to my mailman about the delivered package(my tracks), after a restless night and millions of theories going in my head of where my tracks was i woke up in the morning of the 12th and went to the post office, surprisinlgy they found my "already delivered tracks" lost in a bunch of packages when they tried to find my wife's package and then they found my wife's package.

so go back to the post office do not loose your faith and tell them to look around IT MUST BE THERE!!! just remember it is the highest volume delivery season for them so just keep pushing and you will find it.!

10. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A similar story happened to me. Back in March, I ordered an e-hobby Anime Bluestreak for a friend of mine. It was suppose to arrive a few days before I left to visit with my friend on a Monday. I checked the status of the shipping of my package on Friday and it showed that it was located in the next town over. I felt good because my mail carrier (in my old region of Oregon) was very good and left my packages before 11 AM. Nothing came to my door so I felt that perhaps I would get it in the afternoon (if it was another mail carrier) but nothing came. So, I checked the location on where it was. My jaw literally dropped.....it was in Grants Pass whereas I lived in Ashland. So, I checked the status early on Monday morning and it was at the Post Office in Ashland. So, I ran to get it before I had to go catch my plane. Apparently, what happened is that my package was placed on the wrong truck. I recommend keep checking with your local post office because it may be hidden somewhere.

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I've got two stories for you

On November 19th, the guy I buy my HT figures from ships my Batman, TDK version. By December 2nd, the status has not changed from "electronic shipping info accepted". I write to him about it and he says he's going to check with his post office. Come December 19th, status STILL has not changed and the guy offers me a replacement that's going to ship in a couple of days with my BR Joker from HT. That's one figure lost.

December 4th, BBTS ships my MP Thundercracker, henkei ironhide, henkei galvatron and BT Bluestreak. Normally I'd wait for Hound, Cheetor and other figures to be released before shipping, but Bluestreak was a christmas gift for a friend so I gave in. On December 6th, the package has boarded an international flight and that's the last time the status was updated.

BBTS told me to give it more time but almost a month later they still want me to wait. Usually packages from them arrive at two weeks later tops, and their status updates.

Hasn't been a good month for shipments, it seems.

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I bought a Brave Max when it originally came out, and with no sense whatsoever, I had him shipped without insurance. Fortunately he did have tracking info, which is what helped me finally find him.

I waited at least a week for him, and it never came. (They shipped the next day, tracking proved it.)

I finally went to the local Post Office, asked about the package, they said they didn't have it. At first, they refused to check at my request, but I asked if I could talk to a supervisor, and pointed out a massive cardboard box behind them.

The guy finally caved and went to look (pissed off, mind you) asked me my name, asked me to rattle off the D.C. number (WTF? Really?) and he said "Okay. It's here. This is the one we couldn't figure out how to deliver."

I stood there shellshocked and said "I live on a rural route, the driver brings the packages to the front door, or at the very least, the mailboxes out front."

The guy behind the counter said "Oh, well it was a matter of finding someone who wanted to deliver it. Your guy wasn't interested, and we'd have had him leave a notice in your box to come and get it, but we didn't know how long it would take you to get here and we don't want this stupid box sitting around for days. We've got a lot of mail to process."

I quietly and politely reminded him that by not giving me notice to come and pick it up, it did, in fact sit there for days...in their way.

He became embarrassed, slammed it on the counter (which damaged Max's actual box...) and I walked out. (I did make a report, the guy's been an asskisser ever since.)

So yeah, I'd give it another go at the P.O. and if need be, politely ask for the Postmaster. Go directly to him, over their heads, and cross your fingers.

Plus...you might want to give it a few more days. We just had the Christmas rush, plus all the e-tailers/eBay returns, and now we have New Years Day coming, plus all of the weekend downtimes in between. Those are a lot of hurdles to jump over.

Ask/prod and wait. If nothing comes by the 5th (Monday) then I'd start raising real hell about it.

13. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

How can a mail man refuse to deliver a package?

14. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

USPS's tracking is crap 99% of the time. Typically it doesn't update as "arrived at destination" until the day after it does.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Oh they do it quite frequently.

A mail man was just ordered to pay charges for not delivering junk mail. It was in the news about a week, perhaps two, ago.

Plus we've all sat and waited for packages that never came.

It's not hard to imagine a mail man not delivering a piece of mail because they don't feel like doing it. Hell, the guy who didn't want to deliver my Max had been reported numerous times for not getting mail to it's destination.

In fact, he was such a jackass that they had to send out someone else for Express Mail delivery. He would usually be the guy, but when he stopped doing his job (he has since been fired.) they had to send out an extra mail person to get Express items delivered, otherwise they'd have never made it by 12:00 (or is it 3? I can't remember atm.)

I hate mail ordering, I really do, but it's the only option sometimes. At least BBTS uses UPS. I trust UPS far more than I do the Postal Service.

16. Eradicator

That's true. Now that I think about it. When I was still living with my grandmother there was a time when the mailbox was knocked over so it was just lying near the sidewalk. You could still easily put things in it. The mailman said one day when I happen to go out and check the time he came by that he wouldn't have delivered had I not walked out. Since the mailbox was still assessable it sounded like he just didn't want to have to step out of his mail truck for two seconds to put in in there.

It obviously happens, but I hope it's grounds for imediate dissmissal since it's his job to deliver the mail. Whatever to "In rain or shine...". It seems like they've added "if we feel like it and it is convienient.

17. Eradicator

That's true. Now that I think about it. When I was still living with my grandmother there was a time when the mailbox was knocked over so it was just lying near the sidewalk. You could still easily put things in it. The mailman said one day when I happen to go out and check the time he came by that he wouldn't have delivered had I not walked out. Since the mailbox was still assessable it sounded like he just didn't want to have to step out of his mail truck for two seconds to put in in there.

It obviously happens, but I hope it's grounds for imediate dissmissal since it's his job to deliver the mail. Whatever happened to "In rain or shine...". It seems like they've added "if we feel like it and it is convienient.

18. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    USPS tracking is only updated when the item is given over to them, and then again when they give it to you.

EMS is like Priority x 10. They literally rush your package to the airport and put it on the next plane. It's hardly surprising for you to get it first.

This is standard. Express mail packages are high priority, so they are sent out as soon as they arrive at the post office. This means if the mail trucks have already been loaded (which they are at like ... 3am in the morning), it has to go by a separate truck.

19. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    No point in repeating what's already been said, USPS tracking sucks.

But I should add that it's also the busiest time of the year for the post office and it's not uncommon for deliveries to take longer. About a week after the new year starts it will go back to "normal" operation levels. Give it a little more time and I'm sure you'll get it.

If you don't, it sucks, but packages do get lost. I know you're pissed, I feel your pain - but there is no perfect delivery method. Shit happens. At least you're insured.

20. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I had a package shipped and accapted from PA. It took 9 days to get to me and I live in WI. Give it time. Remember, this is a busy time of year.