FS: Classics Megatron and Starscream

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Triformis, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Disclaimer: The below paragraphs are a rant, skip to the bold text for the advertised sale.

Here's the story: a fellow boarder who shall remain nameless and who is based in the UK commissioned me to go buy him a Classics Megatron and Starscream, something I do all the time for people all over the globe. I love helping out fellow fans! Ask and ye shall receive, I always say! However, once you ask me to buy stuff for you, you damn well better follow through or have avalid solid excuse (not morphing, multiple ones as you'll see below). I don't appreciate having my time and gas wasted.

Anyway, that's exactly what happened. This dope kept stringing me along for about a month with excuses that got increasingly disturbing. First, he needs to get his paycheck, then his money gets hijacked from his bank acct. and then it swiftly escalated into his girlfirend on her deathbed just today. Apparently, she'll die unles she has an extremely expensive operation. Whatever. That may be, but come on!!! I have a real life too, damn it!

On top of that of all that, the guy keeps losing my PMs or something and keeps asking me for the bill again and again and...again....Enough!!

So, to make a long story longer, somebody, please buy these! I would rather a fan get them rather than having to return them to the store, which would waste even more of my gas and time. *ugh*

So, here we go:

-Megatron (MISB): $22.50 - Pending
    -Starscream (MOSC): $12.50 - Pending

My usual terms:

Actual shipping applies(your choice of carrier, method), plus the pesky Paypal fees (2.9% of total + fixed $0.30 fee) as I'm trying to save money where I can. If you don't want to use Paypal, we can probably do that too, just lmk! Also, they are currently boxed and ready to ship. All I need is a shipping address and money!

Check my feedback on the boards here (link in my sig.) and on e-bay under the ID:

thetruetriformis

I also have a ton of pics of these 2 if you want to check the paint apps. and such (they are quite good) because the guy asked me to do that too, so I wasted even more time doing that. Argh!

2. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

sorry to hear about that.....u seem like a nice bloke and people shouldnt string you along like that.

i might have to hit you up for some overseas tformers in the future though.....lol

i need classics jetfire (as i know you do too)

3. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I can't speak for you but I'd just return them if possible, no big loss. Sorry I can't offer you but Classics are plentiful here and I have them. Sounds like some real bs though. They should just come clean and say yes or no. It's a lot more courteous that stringing it along, if a little brutal (although sometimes, it's legit).

4. Glhboy

Glhboy <font color=red><b>Goes Like Hell....</b></font> Moderator

News Credits:
    just return them to the store?? Get money plus tax back and be done?

5. Triformis

Thanks for the comments, guys, and the advice. However, what I should mention is that, of course, I can go to the store and return 'em, but I thought it less hassle for me to bring them here again first since they are already packed and ready to go.

See, I buy stuff for fans all the time and am quite sick of returning things, so I know the routine very well. Just didn't feel like hunting down the receipt and going through the motions yet again. I'm starting to be more picky about who I buy stuff for 'cause returning crap has gotten to be a real drag.

And, yeah, lobes, I know we got off to a rough start a bit, but if you ever need anything AND are willing to commit, then let's do some deals! I love helping out fans, especially the international ones! Save for this jerk, I've had nothing but great experiences from overseas customers.

6. Glhboy

Glhboy <font color=red><b>Goes Like Hell....</b></font> Moderator

News Credits:
    Well another problem is that these guys are out in stores everywhere now so it will be hard to sell these.

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe you should take payment first, and then go buy the toys- especially if it's someone new you're dealing with, and the items are fairly common. You can always refund PayPal.

-Tony!

8. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Ditto. At the very least a down payment.

9. Triformis

Great idea and one I had myself when I started really going after stuff for people. However, there are flaws in the execution. Would anyone actually do it? I, myself, might depending on the person's feedback and their "success ratio" if they could demonstrate that somehow (level of feeback might be one way). I'm not sure others would go for this idea, though, and if I failed to produce results, we both lose money through Paypal...

Also, the problem in these parts is that the tax varies from here to there and I only typically charge a bit above retail + tax and I have no desire to start laying down blanket costs, which might or might not be more than what I think is fair above actual costs (if that makes any sense).

I know it sounds like I'm bitching, but I do appreciate the input and the extra validity it adds to ideas I had too. I hunt so much, maybe it's time to open up a practically-non-profit store here.

And I know Classics are fairly common, but I wouldn't think everywhere still. I have had a few international customers so far, for instance. I do regret selling Starscream for so much, but that's what he cost at the time at Target (came out of the stockroom before they were on the shelves)

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Wait a sec, that Starscream's not the same one I originally requested for you to hunt down, is it?

11. Triformis

Heh. Sort of...you and 2 other dudes requested them (I actually planned to sell "your's" to the punk-ass UK dude in the tale above). I'ts all good, I got a hit currently! I bear you no ill will, Chosen, so if you need anything else, lmk!