Fruadulant Freelance Customizer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DavidThrone, Sep 18, 2012.

1. DavidThrone

DavidThrone Member

I paid a well known transformer customizer 3 payments that total 1900 dollars with one payment still to be paid. His orginal deadline was three months. It has been close to a year now. And all I have gotten excuse and no updates. I see him posting new items on his facebook and selling a few on Ebay. I am a freelance artist also and there is no way I would let a client wait for their product almost 9 months after the orginal deadline. This is truely rediculous? How would I go about either sueing getting my money back or getting my custom from him? Or could I ruin his reputation all over the net thrpugh social media. I probably wouldnt get my money back but this guy needs to lose his reputation and hopefully any future buisness.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Unless you know his real name and address and have an agreement in writing, you likely won't be able to take him to court, and even then, it's probably not worth your time and legal fees to do so in the long run. But there's a deadbeat thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the site that you can submit his information to, to hopefully prevent him from swindling someone else.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You can also leave feedback in his feedback thread, just make sure it's accurate and honest.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Name and shame the guy, that's the best you can do I'm afraid.

5. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can try and threaten him with legal action and see if he calls your bluff. Sorry to hear that you got shafted out of so much money.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

7. edf

edf Well-Known Member

How did you pay?

Through paypal- hopefully you didnt send as gift- b/c no way to get money back. But for other services- start up a claim- explain you paid for a ttype of artwork, and prove you did not receive anything. Gather all info- emails, proof of payment , screen shots of what you think could help your case ( i think proving he is selling other stuff and neglecting what you paid for is good) Unfortunatly, it can be hard to get your money back- if his account dont have the money in it and is not hooked up to a bank account- all it will do is put a hold on his account. Plus- buyer protection kinda fades away when using paypal not with ebay ( this is why I do not like paypal, and so many people swear by it...)

through creditcard- file a dispute with the credit card company. Same as above, provide proof and all, but in the end, you didnt get what you paid for. Perhaps they casn reverse the charges.

Check- do the same thing- but dispute with the bank.

Postal money order- same thing once again, but now this guy is using the post office ( government) to scam people. Hopefully you satill have the stub for the money order.

Other then that- post your experiences. Do so on as many forums as you can to spread the word ( just make sure it fits- you dont want to start spamming) Provide ALL info ( not stuff that can cause him harm- like bank account info) But all else is fair game as I see it. Anything to help identify this guy to someone else to either not pay him for business, or perhaps provide more information back to you. Trustr me- all he has to hear is people are gona stop doing business with him an dhe looses sales- maybe he will change his ways.

Do you have an email addey? What is his facebook account name? If you provide this- i may be able to get some info- or at the very least- get some internet pals to help ( trust me, in the snake world- there is a forum for business ethics- you'd be surprised what people can dig up)

I am sorry to hear this. You seem to understand it takes some time for art ( i have no clue about customizing- but prolly takes longer then drawing!) but there is a time that is too much- even if he needed some more time- the way he handled it was wrong. I hope you get the money back or the item you purchased. If there is anything i can do to help, just let me know

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If this transaction started here at TFW2005, please forward all of the pms and information between you and this artist if the artist is not responding.

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you paid through Paypal, check, or credit card, you probably can't do a chargeback since it has been almost or over a year.

10. edf

edf Well-Known Member

its worth a try tho, yes, a decent amount of time passed, but i'd give it a go.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

What custom Transformer could possibly cost over $2K?