Minor/Repaint: From Starscream to Thundercraker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SonOfNemesis, Jan 13, 2010.

1. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks! I worked hard on it to get it to be smooth with a brush. I had to sand after the first coat and then paint again and then fine tune after completion. (No spaying on this one :) )

2. SonOfNemesis

Ebay:
    I still need some missiles and launchers though...

3. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In my experience with Tamiya paint, you'll get the best results spraying with an airbrush, especially taping detail lines like your wings. As to your question about using Windex to clean it, I'd advise against it. I'm assuming you mean to remove tape adhesive from masking (that white tape is notorious for leaving it, look for blue, or fine line tape if you can find it), just use mild soap and water, then rinse with clean water and air dry or use compressed air. As far as clear coat, gloss or matte would both look good. Awesome job!

4. SonOfNemesis

Ebay:
    Thanks! I very much wish I had an airbrush to do the whole transformer. I plan on picking up an Iwata or Badger (dual action of course w/gravity feed) when my tax refund comes in. I plan on doing these figures again with that.

I did actually pick up some Tamiya masking model tape and it worked well. Someone told me to pick up some liquid tape or something and paint it on but that sounds kind of sketchy to me?

5. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought about trying that too, if you do end up trying it, let me know how it works out. Search the internet once you get your refund, I got a set of 4 airbrushes, all different, and a compressor for about $200 a few years ago. They're from Airbrush City, nothing name brand, but they're all different and they work great. The dual action gravity fed is a must, so much easier to use and dial in, you'll be very happy with it. Keep em comin.

6. SonOfNemesis

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info! I am currently finishing up 'Classics' Starscream. I had to re-paint him for more accuracy but with s unique and risky spin. I'll post up as soon as it's assembled.

7. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Excellent work!

NSP