Minor/Repaint: From Jetfire to Skyfire Classic Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by tomac66, Mar 16, 2011.

1. tomac66

tomac66 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all, Skyfire was always one of the Transformers that I liked in the G1 series, and since I could start collecting figures always wanted a Skyfire like it, looking right and left according to size It was on the show, a spaceship. It turns out that Hasbro originally bought the line to Takara Transformers figures and to promote them in the United States decided to make an animated series and then sell the figures, what happens is that Takara had created Jetfire, and as he molds The VF-1 Macross and they fit with the scale, then repainted one and already had it. When Hasbro was to make the series encountered could not use the model of Jetfire, because the license was Macross model, then it was that created Skyfire for the series G1, but when selling the figures rather than make a new mold of Skyfire, who already had used the Takara, not to go to ruin by a single new mold, and instead of the spacecship that is Skyfire in the series, sold Jetfire, a Vf-1 with SuperPack (Look, I'm a big fan of Macross and I have many valkiry that I love, but is that a VF-1 no longer a small jet but with the SuperPack can fly in space) and just in case people was surprised to wonder what had happened to Skyfire, then made to disappear in the series without explanation (as many others). My joy in a well, at least I could have removed parts of SuperPack of the arms and legs, which I tell you when you leave me with a SuperPack Skyfire in the G1?

Well, much later in the Dreamwave comics Jetfire reappeared, and in this case was given an explanation of the figure SuperPack, which turned out to be a battle armor and to improve conditions in space. This SuperPack is practically the same super Vf-1, but when it is removed, appears with his original skyfire simple jet pack on his back. Aided by a sublime design Figueroa, this Jetfire does remember the original Skyfire in size and shape.

And while Hasbro / Takara decided to take the classic line remodeling and modernizing the G1 (more or less success) trying to comply in most cases the original designs (especially in robot mode), and I said, at last I'll have my Skyfire (Thinking about the recent Dreamwave design) and finally take it out, and I do?, as neither more nor less than a redesign of the VF-1 with SuperPack, let a jet nose of spacecraft and the happy double SuperPack on the back. Good, in robot mode had a pass if you took off the pack of arms and the hull, but still did not see Skyfire (too many wings everywhere in robot mode). And to top it off, you tell yourself, if you are taking Voyayer Deluxe models, Jetfire was a little big to be a great Voyayer, not you, then no, better make it a dwarf Voyayer that we have made great Powerglide, which as in G1 was so immensely large, for that so that when put together are better. Again Hasbro / Takara showing off with the poor Skyfire.

Luckily, a while ago I found a forum post where they made a decent change and not very complicated in classic Jetfire to get Skyfire:

Universe Skyfire - WIP

Along with a link to another forum where zedzdead explains an extension of the legs to gain height:

classics jetfire leg extension (1 cm taller) - TFormers Community

zedzdead album http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/zedzdead_bucket/Skyfire Custom/

Well seeing this, I ventured to try to get my Skyfire more or less decent, and I started with my first custom, doing my own version of Jetpack.

Well, with all the changes made was the following:

Jet mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I could not miss a comparison with Optimus Prime:

[​IMG]

This was my first custom, I did six months ago, but has been now that I finally decided to paint and this is what is left:

Jet mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the comparison with several Prime, to see how it would have been if they had larger:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, although not perfect, I think another aspect that improves their lot, and without making too many changes. This gives an idea of what it would cost to Hasbro / Takara give us an acceptable Skyfire, both in shape and size.

But anyway, I hope you liked it, and some are encouraged to make the transformation that is not too complicated and the result is worth it. Well here I'm dreaming that one day Hasbro / Takara deigns to make a Masterpiece Skyfire like god, who also dreams alive.

Finally uploaded some pics of how it looks with his fellow Autobots Classics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings to all, and to see what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

My only criticism is that it needs to be panel lined. Desperately. Otherwise, nice mod. :) 

3. Will of Unicron

Will of Unicron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks great!!!!!!!!!
    I would agree with the panel lines, even if you did a light gray, instead of the bold black, to still keep the clean look but add a little more detail or depth to it.

4. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

this is hot. the cuts look really clean.

i say leave it as is. no panel lines. i wish someone can make this toy way taller or maybe use another base at least ultra class.

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    thnx man... I'm gonna do the leg mod now! :) 

6. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be perfectly honest, I don't like it. The wings are way too high and that just looks really odd to me. But to each his own! I just wish I had picked this thing up when I saw it in the stores long ago :( 

7. tomac66

News Credits:
    Thank´s for the comments, i prefer it without panel lines.

8. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great job he looks awsome.

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Stolen! :thumb 

10. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Thanks for the link to my original mod on the wings. I had planned to do a tutorial/write-up on it, but I had a lot of stuff go down over the last year or so I had to shelve the project and put it off.

I think it looks great. In the link to my original thread at Sector70, I don't have pics of it, but my wings attached to the smaller piece under the thrusters. Your wings sit a bit high, but still look great, man. Excellent work overall! Thanks again for the shout out on my Skyfire WIP.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This turned out so well. I really wished we'd gotten an Ultra size in this. Great work :thumb 

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't go all out with panel lines so that it will continue to fit in with your other Classics, but a few more apps here and there might be ok.

13. tomac66

News Credits:
    Thanks to you for make it first.

14. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    You NAILED this concept!

Great work!

15. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

Nice!

Those wings are a real bugger to remove from Jetfire.

I definitely like what you did.

If you have any trouble with him being too back heavy due to the mods, try clicking the toe pieces forward while they are still together in jet mode, then opening them up (but not going past the click). That is what I had to do for my classics skyfire and it leans him forward just enough to counter the additional back weight.

16. tomac66

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice, I'd put that way to become stable.

17. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Great work!

Me too. Most customs seem to have the extra weathering and lines, but I like my toys to have a nice clean look...

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks great! If I had a spare Jetfire I would do this.

19. Danilko

Danilko Well-Known Member

Dude fenomenal job you did there! :)  I'm looking for a classics Jetfire myself to do those mods!