From 1 to 10; What is your score for TFs : RotF ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WWMEGATRON, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    3.5/10

I feel that's basically fair. I really did want to like it but the truth is that I had more or less lost interest after the first half-hour. By about an hour in, I just wanted it to end.

I give them 10/10 for effort, but that was mostly wasted effort. They definitely worked their butts off getting it all to come together. As an expensive movie, it did feel like the money was all up there on the screen. It was an impressive spectacle to behold, but I thought a better filmmaker could've done a lot more with a lot less.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My rating = 8.5/10

I loved it for what it really is . . . an action packed, comedic attempt of a blockbuster film. I'm not a big movie buff so I can look past things like the bad story writing.

With that being said I would love to see TF3 try to reach the potential of TDK or LOTR because there were a lot of things wrong with ROTF. IMO, Transformers has the potential to do that. It can be loved for more than big explosions and two "racist" robots. Until it does that though, TF3 may end up in the same boat as Spiderman 3 - another movie with wasted potential IMO.

3. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

3 at best IMO.

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Yeah, no I see what your getting at. True, only Bee mounred Prime's death. They acted like fags, but I liked them towards the end where they finnaly grew up and tackled Devy.

5. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

6/10

Don't get me wrong, this film is not perfect, there are better made and written films out there - for instance GIJOE - but I did enjoy ROTF.
    It had a lot more TF action and focussed more on the TFs. Its also got a truckload of G1 references which I really enjoyed seeing.
    Its fun if you don't analyse it too much - I know that sounds corny (plus a lot of people today are extremely literate in movie making and SFX techniques - thanks to the proliferation of the 'making of' docos ;)  ), but as soon as you start asking 'why this' and 'why that', much doesn't hold up - hence it being not well written.
    Still, G1 nostalgia references made me happy and I was glad to see that for the most part they improved over the first film.

A few things that bugged me were the lack of some plot points and the casual throwing around of unnamed TFs that fans recognised, but that everyone else, unless they checked out the toy shelves first, wouldn't have a clue are called. Also, the human armies seemed to kick more butt and, without ruining the film, the Autobots were shown up by the humans a few times.

6. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    7/10 for the simple fact that I had a good time. Not a great movie but a good popcorn action spectacle that I enjoyed immensely.

7. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

7.5 = What could have been a much better film minus forced/unneccessary humor, annoying characters, plot holes, and lack of character development.

How does it still get a 7.5? Explosions, ladies:wink: , and robots beating the crap out of each other.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe the fan edit will be just the effect shots with the robots. It's kind of sad but just about any spot in the film without the robots could be skipped and you really wouldn't miss anything important to the film. Or you could have ran to the bathroom several times during the film and the plot would still make about the same amount of sense.

9. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    3/10

Little story to support the action. I could clearly understand the story, but if I wasn't a TF geek, I'd be completely lost. Sam and Mikaela's love has even less chemistry, you didn't care about any of the action going on (aside from the Forest Battle, that was the movie's ONLY good action scene), all the Autobots aside from Bumblebee and Optimus had 0 character to them, and Bay needs to shoot better camera angles. There were very little dialogue scenes that involved the robots, and Lennox and Epps were basically shoved off and made into minor characters, damn shame. Shia LeBeouf continues to spaz out just like he did in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE he is in (aside from the Greatest Game Ever Played...and most of Holes).

Most annoying factor? THE TWINS. I wanted to launch Sabot rounds to their heads. They could have been funny, but what should have been two "childish" robots just trying to find their place in the Autobot ranks...turned into wannabee FAILTASTIC gangstas.

There's A CRAPLOAD of stuff that needs to be improved upon to make TF3 a good film. Introducing Unicron would make matters unimaginably worse IMO.

10. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess the best way to sum up ROTF is that it taught me that there is a huge difference between a great film and an enjoyable film.

11. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    9.9/10

12. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    7-8.

13. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    11/10 i loved the movie alot i mean alot. i will keep watching this movie unitl the day i die

14. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I'd give it a 7 or 8. Dispite its various flaws, it's still awesome.

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    6 ish

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

The whole film could be skipped and you still wouldn't miss anything important.

17. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Well said.

:lol 

18. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

9.6 .... best transformers 2 movie ever!!

19. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Extremely flawed movie. Crap that could have done better by someone with any sense in their head which was buttered up, deep fried and tossed to the greasy, shuffling brainless masses that spent their month's grocery budget to give this festering pile of cinematic dung a lift up to the heavens. YUMMY, YUMMY CRAP. WE LOVE CRAP. FEED US MORE CRAP, MICHAEL BAY.

With pretty CGI (and I have to give it some points for that. It was VERY fun to watch the robots).

2/10.

20. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

What he said.

Only I'd give it a 3/10. After watching it for a while I just wanted it to end. There were too much going on without any resemblance of a decent plot.