Friends messing up your TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by on_a_warpath, Jun 12, 2008.

1. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

I recently had some friends over for my birthday and they just happenned to get into my transformers...
    Well to put a short story shorter, Some of my customizing paint got on my Universe RID prime, which is possilby my favorite transformer that I own(because I wanted one, but online prices were way to high and I managed to snag one for $20) So I ask you, have your friends ever messed up your transformers?

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Nope not yet. I keep a close eye when people are over.

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not exactly messing up, but when I lived in a dorm I came back one evening to find my shelves arranged in a display that would put Penthouse to shame.

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    It's called privacy and respect, enforce it.

5. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

My older brother has occasionally. He lives on his own, but he does occasionally come here; sometimes when I'm not here. One day I came home from work, completely unaware my brother had been here, sat down at my computer desk, and my Classics Starscream was aiming its null-rays at me. I was bit put off by that, especially since I had left it in vehicle mode.

7. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

My main thing was that my friends would shoot the missiles everywhere and end up losing them.

Bastards.;) 

8. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I've had people messing with my TFs. They're currently in the freezer downstairs.

9. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Well no, specially because I keep the ones I display in a big fish tank which prevents anything but staring at them.

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I've had some people pick stuff up but its usually something cheap (it's in the front you for a reason you know) but nothing bad has happened. I think my family and friends see how much pride I take in my collectibles they're too afraid to touch let alone fiddle.

12. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I lock my display room. No one enters but ME....and of course the wifey for clearing duties....

13. Petro-rabbit

Petro-rabbit Why so serious?

My friends come over quite often and nothing bad every happens to my tf's, except one time i found my tf's in "sexual" positions. They thought it was funny... I did not...

14. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a few stories. One of my friends just likes to go around to the random figures, and turn it around, or mis transform it a bit or something. Little things like that really bug me. Another of my friends who collects TFs has MP Prime and Megatron. I went over to his house one day, and saw that Megatron was rapeing Prime with his sword. He claims one of his friends did it, but I think he did it.

15. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For years my nephews destroyed my Transformers (I had a pretty decent G1 collection, all broken/lost now), to the point where I stopped collecting. Now years later I'm back into collecting, and don't care if something does breaks, and they haven't broken anything.

I have a habit of letting my 2 year old daughter handle almost any new Transformer I get. So far she hasn't broken anything.

However, I have a strict you break it, you bought it policy with non family members.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I normally do not permit anyone to touch my TFs (and other stuff) apart from myself, my wife and my kids - we are the ones who appreciate the value of our property more than anyone else, and will treat them with nothing but care. Exceptions may be made in the case of fellow collectors, but even then I will closely supervise them. At other times, the toys stay in a locked display cabinet. This policy has served me well - figures dating from as far back as the mid-Eighties are still in perfect condition.

17. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

18. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:

19. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

My cousin used to break all my shit when we were kids. He'd steal stuff too. So I just eventually stopped having any toys over and when he came to my house, I kept his ass playing outside and out of my room. (If he got in, by chance, I'd search his bags before he left.)

When we first got married, my wife was dusting my collection, and she knocked off Alternator Optimus and broke his arm off. She was so upset about it, because she knows how much I love my Transformers, but I smiled, hugged her, and told her she was more important than the Transformers. Still, she never dusts them anymore.

Nowadays, I keep my collection on a shelf behind my desk, and no one approaches without me.

20. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010