Frenzy_Rumble ironhide and hoist alternator customs question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nellie131, Oct 1, 2010.

1. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey gang, firstly let me say if this is the wrong place then mods please move and my appologies if its wrong!

ok well if you have browsed Frenzy_rumbles website or flickr account you may have seen the two alt customs which in fact i own. anyway my question is does anyone think they would sell well on ebay or the sales boards on here? as i desperately need a new car and thinking of thinning my alt collection out.

these two are the pride of it but sadly needs must! let me know the current feeling on people still buying alts these days! thanks

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    One of a kind custom stuff from a respected creator should command a premium no matter what it is. I'm not sure on the market right now, though.

3. nellie131

News Credits:
    hey simon, hope this is the right place to post such a thread? anyways i might give it a go on ebay as i had them commisioned ages ago now hes very popular! thanks for the input :) 

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'd ask Mike (F_R) if he could host the auction for you. It'll get way more hits that way, especially if you're looking to get a serious amount of money back.

5. nellie131

News Credits:
    thats a possibility yeah! as far as i know they are the only 2 alt customs he has done?

6. Satomiblood

I'm not sure. I do know that he doesn't pump that many Alt/BT customs out compared to his other stuff.

7. nellie131

News Credits:
    exactly so i think they should get a fair price.

also i wanted to know about premium custom aftersales i mean do they keep value or gain? or more simply a case of worth what the buyer thinks?

8. Satomiblood

It's a one-of-a-kind item, so it's going to command a lot of attention, but the "value" all depends on how much the potential bidder/buyer thinks it's worth. Typically, resales of customs don't go for as much as they did originally, but there are rare occassions when they do. I sold a custom Defensor that went for $800-900 on eBay last year when I originally paid $200-300 for it in 2008. Just be aware that there's a good chance you won't make back all the money you spent. Contact F_R about hosting the auction. That's what I did with the Defensor I sold (made by another customizer here).

9. nellie131

News Credits:
    well as stated earlier i got them early on in his customising career so to speak and pretty much didnt pay a lot to have them done in my view so thanks for all the help im gonna put the idea to mike on facebook and see what happens!

thanks again :)