Frenzy v.s. Rumble

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sweetnessprime1, Oct 5, 2009.

?

Which color?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2009.
  1. Frenzy is blue, Rumble is red

95 vote(s)
    50.3%
  2. Frenzy is red, Rumble is blue

94 vote(s)
    49.7%
  1. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Fibrir

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    When I was growing up after Beast Wars I started looking at old G1 toys on the Interent. Reading up and seeing pictures of all the old toys before BW like G1 and G2 and the Japanese series. So naturally, for the longest time, I saw Rumble as the red one. And since the toys are what Transformers is all about, I still automatically think fo Rumble being red.

3. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Rirfif

4. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I know this statement will probably not get a second glance, but: Before you say the G1 cartoon is correct, consider that this is the same cartoon where each Seeker tended to change colors multiple times, had giant robots driving cars and riding merry-go-rounds, and one scene where Soundwave had a purple Autobot symbol.

How bout we just say they both possess color-changing abilities and be done with it? :) 

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Fibrir

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

7. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Don't forget the Sunbow cartoon also had 3 different origins of one group, consistently called the wrong people by the wrong names, had robot's heads just falling off while talking for no apparent reason (I forget what ep, I just recall, I believe Prime, talking, and his head just keep moving forward on top of his chest. If he said another sentence, he'd have to pick his head up! Prowl might have had that prob in another ep too.), and couldn't even follow continuity in one single episode, or decide if Bots can fly or not, even though half their army is made up of -scientists-.

So, you got -1- single work of fiction that was pretty much always wrong about everything VS -everything else ever-. The toys, the comics, the bios, the ads, the catalogs, the Japanese show, the Japanese manga (when appropriate, they didn't color every page), the children's books, sticker books, the -party hats- all had the blue dude being Frenzy.

Weight of evidence speaks for itself.

8. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I'm actually stunned at the poll results. Rumble is BLUE. Frenzy is RED. You can sight all the odd ball mishaps that occurred in the cartoon you want. HOWEVER Rumble was ALWAYS BLUE and Frenzy was ALWAYS RED. Every episode, 100% of the time. Case closed.

9. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I recently bought Frenzy because I wanted rumble for my collection. Rumble was shown purple and blue in the G1 series. He was the most memorable character out of the two. So I dont care what the package says, to me the blue one is rumble or close enough for my collection. The toys did come out before the toon (yes we all know this), but they were just toys, the cartoon gave them a personality and give us the memories we have today of him. So what, the toy was originally red, but the CHARACTER was blue, which is what REALLY counts.

10. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    YES.

11. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you for supporting my quote, I think that the color of the character is more meaningful and holds more weight than just a toy labeled

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So am I, but from the other perspective.
    And that's fine to see it that way. I think what the RIR folks like myself are trying to point out is that we now have access to things like the G1 cartoon bible, which identifies Rumble as "the red robot". It was an animation mistake from Day 1, one that has been corrected in every major form of media since. It really comes down to "personal feelings and identification with the character" vs. "overwhelming official evidence". I don't suppose either is wrong, but the latter is the only choice for me.
    While I don't agree, this is the best post in this thread presenting the RIB viewpoint.

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I can't vote in the poll. Neither option is accurate to my beliefs.

Rumble is blue in the cartoon and only the cartoon. Frenzy is red in the cartoon and only the cartoon. Figures specifically depicting the cartoon version are right to be in the cartoon colors.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Alternators Rumble was red and was correct to be red. It would have been wrong for the toy to have been blue.

14. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think it just depends on if u grew up reading the comics or watching the cartoon IMO

15. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut snack

Ebay:
    I grew up watching the cartoon... and it was wrong. FIBRIR, just the way nature intended it. I think the cartoon made Rumble blue because 1) the blue color scheme was simpler than red and black and 2) Rumble is the cooler character of the two.

Actually, I started reading the Marvel comic books before I watched the cartoon. The first six issues of that series kicks the G1 cartoon's ass. This may also influence by bias, I mean, my stance that is correct in every way.

16. Screamers

Screamers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it really just depends on if you like the cartoon colors better or the toy colors better, because I do have Frenzy mint on card with Ratbat and he's blue as a toy.

17. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Well you might have well as have divided by zero. Good going! :thumbs2: 

18. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Ribfir!!!!!!!!!

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if that's it. I watched the cartoon AND read the comics, and at the tender age of ten, I saw Rumble on the pegs and said, "Huh, wonder why they messed up his colors on the show." :lol 

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    ^ Same here.