French-Canadian Euro Classics Breakdown?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Monzo, May 1, 2008.

1. Monzo

Monzo Weirdest Fan Experience

News Credits:
    Okay, so I found this at BotCon at a dealer table and had no idea what it was... I didn't buy it because it was in a $300 lot with three other Euro Classic ("gold card") Stunticons, but the guy was nice enough to let me take pictures of it. Anyone ever seen this before?

[​IMG]

It's a Euro Classics carded Breakdown, but the packaging is obviously Hasbro Canada, and.. it has Chinese stickers on it? I'd never heard of Euro Classics coming out in Canada before, even though I knew the Predators and Turbomasters showed up there. Oddly, their French names are different from their G1 French names, but then that's happened before between French-Canadian releases - Soundwave was originally "Radar" and became "Sonore" as an Action Master, for instance.

So yeah. Anyone?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think a few of these items filtered through worldwide. I think they were Euro-centric rather than Euro-exclusive, so there were some things that popped up. Like the Constructicons, who appear to have also got a limited rerelease on original cards at the same time.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I'm in canada, and i remember seeing the gold boxes on shelves at Leasure wrold. It was a hobby and craft store way back then. i don't ever recall seeing them at other stores though, but i know for a fact that gold boxed and carded figs were released here. it's how i got my 1st prowl.

4. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Well I do not remember these being released here but it is possible? Does it say Canada anywere? Also there was a time were Canada did get the G1 1/2 TFS like Overlord, Thunderclash ect..... I in fact have a Pyro that was purchased @ home hardware in Canada but has Euro markings, So I guess we should first know what the marking say.

5. Monzo

News Credits:
    At the very bottom of the card - on the line by my thumb - is a (C) Hasbro Canada Inc. (something, Longueul?), Quebec address. So the packaging itself is Hasbro Canada rather than Hasbro Europe. That doesn't really explain the Chinese sticker, though.

6. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    So the printing is Canadian but there is a Chinese sticker? or is the Canadian text a sticker as well?

7. Monzo

News Credits:
    Yes, the printing is Canadian, but the Chinese lettering - in the lower right-hand corner - is a sticker placed over some of the Canadian text. Notice that it very slightly cuts into the Tech Spec just above it, and covers some of the Canadian legal info.