FreedomGundam's "Black-special-edition-repaint" obsession

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Fr33domgundam, May 14, 2008.

1. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

I used to display all my TFs and toys in my room, but in the past year, I bought some Detolfs from Ikea for my toys in my basement.

Finally took the time to take some pictures of the stuff I have on display; my collection of 100+ Optimus Primes is packed up, and I've already sold off most of what doesn't fall into "Primes" and "black-special-edition-repaints", save for a few special cases.

Full view of shelves:
    [​IMG]

Top of display cases:
    (from left to right)
    15th Anniversary Mighty Morphin' Red Ranger, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Ultrazord (Megazord+Dragonzord+Titanus), Cybertron Primus, Armada Unicron, Legends of Cybertron Starscream, Legends of Cybertron Sunstorm, Power Rangers Operation Overdrive Transmax Ultrazord, Cybertron dismembered Unicron head.
    [​IMG]

Top shelf:
    (Left cabinet listing, closeup of right cabinet below)
    Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Megazord Black & Gold Edition, GoGo Sentai Boukenger Black Ultimate Daibouken, W-Majin Campaign mail-away lucky-draw-ish Mahou Sentai Magiranger Gold Magiphoenix.
    [​IMG]

(Right cabinet listing, the TFs, starting from the back, going left to right)
    Japan Toys R Us 10th Anniversary exclusive Nucleon Quest SuperConvoy, Music Label Soundwave Blaster Black version, e-Hobby Black Robotmasters Victory Saber, Hobby-Japan exclusive Black Robotmasters Beast Convoy, Hyper-Hobby exclusive Black Robotmasters Beast Megatron, Japan exclusive TF Movie 2007 Black Arcee, Figure-Ou exclusive Black Robotmasters Starscream, Dengeki Hobby exclusive Black Robotmasters Lio Convoy, SDCC 2005 Legends of Cybertron Skywarp, Botcon 2005 Legends of Cybertron Ramjet, Dengeki Hobby exclusive Black Robotmasters G1 Convoy.
    [​IMG]

Second shelf:
    Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger Black GaoKing, Mirai Sentai Timeranger Black Formation, Super Sentai Art Collection exclusive Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger GaoApe, Japan Toys R Us exclusive Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger Black GaoElephant.
    [​IMG]

SDCC 2007 Exclusive 6" Titanium Menasor, TFC-18 Soundblaster, Toy's Dream Project exclusive Galaxy Force Soundblaster, Terebi-magazine exclusive Superlink Black Rodimus Convoy, e-Hobby exclusive Magnificus, Terebi-magazine exclusive Galaxy Force Dark Nitro Convoy, Botcon '96 exclusive Onyx Primal, e-Hobby exclusive Black Rodimus, Botcon 2008 exclusive Black Rodimus, e-Hobby exclusive Starscream Black Version, Toy's Dream Project exclusive Galaxy Force Fangwolf.
    [​IMG]

Third shelf:
    Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger Black Gouraisenpuujin, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Black Astro Galactic Megazord, W-Majin Campaign mail-away lucky-draw-ish Mahou Sentai Magiranger Silver Wolzard.
    [​IMG]

Toys R Us exclusive Robots in Disguise Scourge, Target exclusive Universe Nemesis Prime, part-swapped Armada Supercon Nemesis Prime, SDCC 2006 exclusive Alternators Nemesis Prime, KB Toys exclusive Robots in Disguise Destructicon Scourge, Robots in Disguise Spychanger Scourge, e-Hobby exclusive THS-02B Hybrid Style Black Convoy.
    [​IMG]

Fourth/bottom-most shelf:
    (Left cabinet listing, no TFs on these shelves)
    Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGo-V Black Max Victory Robo, Seiyuu Sentai Gingaman Black Gingaioh, two repainted Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Power Morphers
    (Right cabinet listing, no TFs on these shelves)
    25th Anniversary black 1/48 Macross VF-1S, 25th Anniversary black 1/60 Macross YF-19, "40 years of Go Nagai" exclusive Revoltech Black Mazinkaiser, Hyper-Hobby exclusive Revoltech Shin Getter-1 Black Version, Friend Shop exclusive Revoltech Kuro, Revoltech Black Getter.
    [​IMG]

2. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I totally envy your collection. Very nice display and a wide variety of stuff. Man, I'd kill for that pristine ULTRAZORD of yours.

3. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Very cool collection mate!

4. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    so nice....you need a black fire convoy! I have one for sell. taking offers!

5. Fr33domgundam

Thanks! Sadly, the Ultrazord is not as pristine as it appears in the pic; I bought each part secondhand, and the side of Titanus that's away from the camera has gone through some decent yellowing. Hence why it's the side away from view. :) 

Thanks! The whole "black-special-edition-repaint" is a rather odd obsession to have, I gotta admit.

I'm working on that. But from the price of the last one that sold on Yahoo Japan, I don't think I could ever justify/afford spending that much on one. Mind you, I am trying to get my hands on a regular BWII Black Lio Convoy and a BWNeo Black Big Convoy... You wouldn't happen to have those for sale as well, would you? :p 

6. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Wow, I've never seen that black/gold MMPR Megazord, and it's truly amazing. I can't wait until my fiance and I ditch out 1BR apartment in favor of a house, so I'll have room to display my zords and get them out of storage. Great collection overall, but I'm especially loving the black Megazord.

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's a cool unique collection. I love the black motif.

8. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very sweet collection. In the near future I will have to pick up a couple of those display cases. Looks really sharp.

9. Fr33domgundam

The Black/Gold Megazord was some special edition back in the day. I believe they normally run about ~$100 shipping off of eBay these days. I got mine loose complete for about $35 shipped, but the stickers were wrecked/missing. So I printed my own on gold foil sticker sheet (I actually have a second sheet; if you need any let me know)

Thanks!
    I leaned towards getting "black-special-edition-repaints" because:
    - Special/limited-editions are cool
    - Black goes with anything; I don't need to worry about pinks clashing with purples or neon greens
    - While it's more geared towards my PowerRangers/SuperSentai mechs, it avoids having "Skittles-like" combiners, and instead the gestalt looks more uniform (ie, G1 Devastator and Predaking look much "united" than, say, Abominus or Defensor).

Thanks!
    I highly recommend these Detolfs from Ikea, though; they're cheap ($60US/$70CDN), easy to set up, and almost feel like they were specifically designed with toys in mind.
    In case anyone was on the edge about buying one and wanted to know the volume of each shelf, they're about 15"x15"x14" (width x depth x height), with the lowest shelf being about 1/8" taller.

10. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    there is a black lio convoy for like 10 bucks on yahoo Japan

11. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
  12. Fr33domgundam

Yeah, I'm watching it right now. :) 
    Thanks for the reminder, though.

13. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Ok sweet.
    just trying to help a brother out.

14. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Cool stuff.

15. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Very nice coolection, kinda dark though. But very impressive, I like the dark Prime shelf, I'm not familiar with the one on the right hand side though.

16. Fr33domgundam

Thanks. :) 

The Nemesis Prime on the right hand side would be Destructicon Scourge, a Nemesis-repaint of G2 Hero Optimus Prime. He was a KB Toys exclusive figure, but he wasn't in the RiD TV show or anything. I don't even know why they repainted an old G2 mould, but I'm glad they did, since the Hero Prime mould is among of of my favorites (despite its obvious stability issues).

On the topic of the "Dark Prime" shelf, I added in Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass Evil Decepticon Optimus Prime there. He quite a bit out of place with his mostly purple color scheme; and while he's not exactly "Nemesis Prime" per say, he fits the "evil version of Optimus" criteria, so that's really the best place for him at this point...

17. Fr33domgundam

Additions to the shelves:
    - Botcon 2008 exclusive Shattered Glass Evil Autobot Optimus Prime (as mentioned in my previous post)
    - JAFCon exclusive (Black) G1 Convoy
    - Toys R Us Japan exclusive BonBon Black Lio Convoy
    - Toys R Us Japan exclusive Black Big Convoy
    - SDCC 2008 exclusive Classics Nemesis Prime

Some non-black-repaints additions:
    - Botcon 2008 exclusive Shattered Glass Heroic Decepticon Starscream
    - Terebi Magazine exclusive TF Superlink Fire SL Convoy
    - Tokyo Toy Fair eHobby exclusive Henkei Crystal Convoy
    - Super Imaginative Chogokin Kamen Rider 555 figures: Kamen Rider Faiz, Kamen Rider Kaixa, Kamen Rider Delta

Pictures to come much later; I'm expecting a few more special-edition-black-repaints in the mail in the coming weeks, so I'll post one big update then. :) 

18. Fr33domgundam

As some of you might know, I'll be moving out of my parent's place, and in with my girlfriend to our new home, in 2-3 months.

Here are the "Before" pics. I'll take "After" pics of my toy-room when it's set up, but that'll likely been later this fall.

Shelf set 1 in my room:
    My Alternators collection, my Cybertron/GalaxyForce Starscream mold collection, various TFU Legends, my Figmas/Revoltechs/RobotDamashiis, my collection of manga and about half of my anime/game artbook collection, as well as random other little trinkets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shelf set 2 in my room:
    Assorted single figures that I keep from TFA, TFU, Armor Plus Ryo of the Wildfire, my Masterpieces (including MP Exkaizer and Dragon Kaiser), my Alternities, my Gokin stuff (Chogokin Aquarion and Max Gokin Godannar), my Kamen Rider stuff, and my Mighty Muggs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shelf set in the guestroom:
    Yes, the guestroom has been taken over as well. This is all Gundam and model-kit related stuff. Don't feel like listing anything from here, but the blacked-out stuff belongs to my brother.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Main meat of my collection in the next post...

19. Fr33domgundam

And my pièce de résistance.

Gameroom display section overview:
    Quick overview of the corner that I have for display. Lower sections are rather cluttered with game-related stuff.

[​IMG]

Gameroom display shelves:
    Top shelf holds the boxes for my Special-Edition-Black-Repaints, middle shelf are Gundam kits (some completed, some half-done, some just test-fitted), bottom shelf is more Gundams, some TFs, my City/Shadow/Powered Commanders.

[​IMG]

Gameroom display cases (my "Special-Edition-Black-Repaint" obsession):
    The heart and soul of my collection. No further explanations needed.

On top:
    [​IMG]

First shelf:
    [​IMG]

Second shelf:
    [​IMG]

Third shelf:
    [​IMG]

Bottom shelf:
    [​IMG]

I'll admit, not all are "Special Editions" or "exclusives", and there's even a handful of non-Black toys in there as well.

20. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    Okay, Who's this guy:Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger Black Gouraisenpuujin. It's a name I can't pronounce, but the toy looks really cool.
    Great Collection,BTW