Free Gran turismo 5 Demo out now

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ace Convoy, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If ya don't wanna pay for the 30 dollar Prologue (even though for a PS3 game it's a steal)

try the free GT5 Demo that's available now it has two cars

A nissan 370Z and a Tuned 370Z.

note both cars spin out easily...Good luck and may the best driver win

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's because it's locked on Professional Setting. Increase the Traction Control on the Black Z and it should help some. Car Interior models look incredible.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Played it and was not impressed. Controls are terrible and the car engine sounds like it's coming from a tin can. I like my racing more accessible and I'll be sticking with Dirt 2.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I never understood this about GT5. Is GT5 Prologue some early version of the game?

5. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    the GT5 Prologue demo was out ages ago and had ALOT more, ohnestly after so many GTs its hard for me to pick up another racing game at all..

6. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll try that

Me I've been following this game since GT3 and I've enjoyed every one an I can't wait for GT5.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do realize that the controls are terrible because that's the way a real car would handle under those circumstances, thus I don't believe the game's controls are the ones that suck, otherwise every GT before it would suck in controls. And that is exactly what a 370Z sounds like, so blame Nissan :D 

You say that with a sig to yet ANOTHER Call of Duty. If you're a fan of Gran Turismo, this demo delivers what GT5 will look and handle like. Prologue was Polyphony playing with the PS3, this is them actually implementing what they've learned.

And this Demo is not the same as the Demo for Prologue because its real purpose is a contest, which is why it's narrowed down to one car and one track. You get the shortest time on that track, Polyphony takes you to racing school.... So let's hope the controls aren't THAT off from the real thing ;) 

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  8. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:

oh never turn the traction controls all the way up to 10 it makes the car sluggish

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, because the car compensates for oversteering, so it releases the gas in spurts. I don't like driving it that way, but you can split the different. I keep it around 4-5. When the real game comes out, you can change your tires and also change from professional driving to the other setting, and that will help if you just want to play chill. They locked these settings so that all the people competing would be doing so under the same conditions.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prowl,

Don't waste your time, it's called a race simulator for a reason. If you want to go 130 around the corner I suggest they stay with the arcade NFS titles. Maybe Mario cart is more there type of title.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like both, but I definitely don't confuse them. And Mario Kart rules my balls.

Hey Trail, did you try Sodium? I was kinda hooked on it last night. I'm on level 3, but I had to build up my guns to beat the level. The enemies are ruthless and I had to replay level two to upgrade my weapons.

12. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    5-7 those are best for beginners..and drive with MT as you get the car's full potential

Me i prefer the sound of the 370Z over my Taurus's hair blower noises.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No not yet, I have to update my HOME have not been in since the last update. Seriously considering getting Diner Dash for me and the wife. What is wrong with me?

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I heard it's fun, but better on the Iphone.

Also, what's everyone's time on this?

I got 1:47:00 last night.

This is what happened, I've been playing the Forza demo, and I'm finding the shoulder buttons for acceleration to provide a bit more moderation in accelerating, so I'm applying it to GT5, and it's helping... BUT, I am SO used to the shoulder buttons as gear shifts, that I have to unlearn what I have learned, because in the heat of the run, I end up hitting L1 thinking that I'm downshifting, but I'm hitting the breaks, and it kills my time, so the 1:47 I got was on automatic. As soon as I get used to Square and Circle being shifters, I'll improve my time a bit. That track is a bitch though.

15. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tried the demo, wasn't really for me. The visuals were gorgeous though. Gran Turismo never really appealed to me, but I can see why others love it. The car collecting aspect alone can be addicting. I was always more of an arcade style racing fan...Ridge Racer series, Burnout, etc.

16. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Same here. Gran Turismo is just too... Realistic to my taste. Love the Burnout series to death, for its over-thet-top, unrealistic physics.

But like Joe, I can definitely see why people love GT. It's a great franchise that sets the bar in terms of realism.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Burnout series, especially after a frustrating precise race in GT, plowing through the vehicles is a nice release.

18. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Ha, you got me by a couple of seconds.... and in a game like this, that's a big gap.... I think I'm ranked 17,700 and sumthin.... I don't think I'll be winning any contest.

19. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got 1:48 sumthin

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Just DL it last night and I couldn't stay on the freakin track. I love the looks of the card etc but dang, the driving of it really needs to be ALOT better like the need for speed series is. I've never played a GT game but I liked it for other then the steering of it really ticked me off though.