Free Comic Book Day ?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Rodimus Mike, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,

As we know its just over 2 weeks before Free Comic Book day,and I wanted to
    ask all you if your gonna go. I totally am gonna be there. Being this will be my first
    time,but I wanna know if there is a limit on how many you can get,is it just 1 comic
    book per person per title,or just straight up only one book?. Cause there are some I
    wanna get,like the TF Movie one (Duh!!!), Spiderman,Teen Titans,and so forth. I really
    hope you can get more than just one.As I have a ton of comic books and would like to
    add these to my collection.So please somebody who knows drop me a line.Thanks.

2. azjoe

azjoe More than meets the eye.

Your only allowed one (1) free comic per person. Sucks I know, but if your like me, I bring my kids with me and have them each get a book so we wind up with a few. Sometimes if you go later in the day, ya might get a really cool person working behind the counter who just wants to get rid of the books that are gonna be left over.

BTW Mods, doesn't this thread belong in the comics forum?

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm going. Get me the Spidey book and something else. But the best part?

Robert Kirkman will be signing at my shop. Forget the free books. Marvel Zombies #1 signed FTW!

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Huh...my shop is really great, I guess. Each person gets one each of as many titles as they'd like. Last FCBD, I walked away with 5 or 6 different free comics.

5. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

I get my books online. The funny thing about online retailers is that they don't get the same discounts as the brick 'n mortar stores. So I paid b/t .12-.23 cents for my FCBD books, which I thought was kind of hilarious.

The ones by the Big Two are looking to be really good this year. Marvel impressed me by actually creating all new books, and DC's all-ages stuff has been enjoyable for me as well, and of course Meltzer's JLA has been solid.

6. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

There are about 5 local comic shops nearby me. I'll probably hit at least 2 of them to pick up stuff for a friend as well. And last year, I won the whole run of 52 in a raffle! If their aim was to make me buy more comics that way, it definitely worked....

7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Me too. Last year the set up was you got so many items from one table, so many from another, and the so many from a thrid. It was cool. After we got our picks, me and amy roomie then hung out and watched Doctor Who. It was cool.

Really hope I'm off from work again this year. Might even call in sick.

8. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

My LCS lets you grab one copy of each title! Fun city!

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i work in a store, but i dont know what our limits are...im gonna get a couple astounding wolfmans, and the Tf one, but i think thats all i want....

and wreckgar, i am so bloody jealous dude....i would love to meet kirkman....but at the same time, he's doing 5 signings in 5 cities across the us in less then 48 hours...so his time will be VERY limited per store...

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jerk >_<

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Has anyone heard of any free toys this year? Last year they had the heroclix figure, the year before that, the minimates. Anything this year?

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Kirkman is a great guy. I met him 2 years ago and talked a bit about Battle Pope. Definately a guy who knows the fans are his bread and butter so he's nice to them.

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never been but I will this year!!!