Freaking Smoke Smell

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Optimus Heckster, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

I won a bunch of items from the same seller on ebay. See this thread for details.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=142289&highlight=descent+ebay+deals

Well when they arrived I could instantly smell the strong cigarette smoke rolling off of them. It's extremely bad. I would think that the seller should have included this in the item description as I don't know how you could miss this horrible odor. Anyone else had the same problem with ebay sellers? Oh well, buyer beware I suppose. Any way to get it out?

2. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I've never tried this myself, but I've read that putting the figures in tupperware containers for a while will take the smoke smell off.

3. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

I think I have read this as well. Seems like an odd trick but I'll try anything.

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

That worked for me with some Constructicon figures. Of course, I cleaned them with a wet rag first.

5. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    Another thing you can do (and you have to supervise) is put them near a burning candle.

I used to do when I was 14 do that with my clothes so my mom wouldnt find out I was smoking.

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Get some of that smell-remover spray and mist them. I cleaned a shitload of vintage Star Wars figures and vehicles like that last summer and it worked like a charm. No damage whatsoever.

7. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Put them into a tupperware container with an open box of Arm and Hammer. Should help alot.