Frankly, I'm baffled.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wheeljaxx, Jul 17, 2006.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Due to the rarity of this item, i assumed there would be a flood of response on it, and a huge reaction in bids. but not even a peep. am i just being paranoid, or did i grossly over estimate the intrest and worth of my Canadian pepsi optimus prime?

Note, this isn't a topic promoting my ebay item, this is a question on weather or not i'm being paranoid and junk. I know ebay and lots wait till the end of the auction to bid, but with rare stuff like this, i see it surpass the resereve in its' first or second day.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-CANADIAN-pepsi-prime-1985-full-sticker-100-%20comp_W0QQitemZ220007742650QQihZ012QQcategoryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It does seem way too low right now, but it should skyrocket the last day. Especially the last few hours.

Hope they go all out WW3 bidwar on it. They probably will.
    Items that rare usually have that ebay calm before the buyer storm hits hard in the end.
    The bidders now are probably cracking they're knuckels , waiting for the final hour, getting ready for war hehe

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Might of helped to put "Transformers" and "Optimus" in the auction title.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The condition is also more than likely keeping many bidders away. Not that it is in bad shape, but someone looking to spend $500 on a rare Transformer is gonna be picky about it's condition, and rightfully so.

5. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Swollen Member

Ebay:
    If it was still sealed the reaction and bidding would probably be higher. Also your listing title should have Transformers in it (canadian Pepsi Prime is not going to fit many search criterias) . It doesnt turn up in my fav ebay serches which are "Transformers" and "Optimus Prime"

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, I think that would help a lot actually.

But ya, most items in eBay only get bid up really in the last day, if not the last hours and seconds.

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

well shits. and i can't change the title now that it has bids. the reserve is fair, so i'll be happy if i get that, but if not, i'll re-post with these suggestions.
    man, i just assumed it would come up with the "optimus prime" searches due to the "Prime" and it also being in the description. damn

8. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    yep, any one typing "Transformers" in the search on Ebay, wouldn't even have this auction show up

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

no bid war, no nothing, and not even what i paid to get the damn thing completed. well, he had 10 watchers, 5 bids, and NO WHERE near my reserve. it did have 289 views however, so...

took your advice, and re-listed with the changes.

10. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    probably the time of year too

SDDC is going on right now, most collectors are going to be forking out the cash to get exlcusives and stuff.

11. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

tru dat. well, another 5 days, we'll see. if nothing come of it this time, well, i'll smash it into oblivion due to nobody being worthy.. LOL

12. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

13. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
  14. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

well, thats what happend with my first post. didn't title it very well, and only got 3 bidders.

a junker WJ however is somewhat a bit more common than a canadian pepsi prime. like i say in my listing, i've only ever seen 4-5 of these on e-bay in the 7 years i've been a member, so i'm hoping people realise $550.00 for this sucker
    IS A STEAL!!!!!!

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, i think its the timing...collectors are saving for SDCC...reissues of MP Convoys etc...

16. Clutchburn

Ebay:
    For a sealed one perhaps, but this is a loose Frankensteined one. Don't get me wrong I hope you get what you want for him, but you may be aiming a bit high.

Just an aside. I got a pepsi prime cab and trailer last Sunday at the Sackville flea market ($1 Canadian) He's in C5-C6 condition but looks good on my shelf in truck mode. :D 

17. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

how do you get BEST OFFER on e-bay auctions? i can't figure it out, cuz frankly, i need to sell this guy, alomg with most of teh rest of my collection before i come to my senses. time to move on.

18. Clutchburn

Ebay:
    It's in the buy it now option when listing an item. Should be a check box for Submit best offer

19. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

well, beat me out by $9

lets see some pics man