Frank Welker is in Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Liselotte, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I would like to see a IDW like Megatron; cruel, calculated, Powerful, intelligent, but still have an bit of a angry streak that can blind his better judgment at times (Escalation)

2. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Welker as Soundwave would be great, but these days I'd rather Have Burton doing Megatron. But we'll see. Frank could surprise us.

Seems like they might be going for some pretty G1 heavy themes, which I'm certainly in favor of. Although the aesthetics so far are SCREAMING movie verse, which puts me off a great deal.

3. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think on the TF movie-game they commented about that. But both were quite emphatic that they prefer the ensemble sessions to voicing in a booth. Given Orci's comment, looks like that is the route they went this time as well (BW & TFA were like that, not the AEC dubs).

Megatron's interesting. Movie-Meg = menacing but ? on brains. Burton's TFA Meg was a calculating menace. G1 Meg now, looking at him 25 yrs later = buffoon.

Oh gods - Cullen AND David? *thinks her ears would melt* :drool: :bowdown: :thumbs2: 

4. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    your girlfriend now that's real talent

5. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

Oh that's gunna be awesome! Can't have the original prime without the original megatron :p 

6. Jazzy Zx

Jazzy Zx Wants too be called Jz :P

News Credits:
    Please voice soundwave :D 
    I wasn't so excited about a "Movie verse" Transformers show, but now that some characters will have the original voices, that's awesome, I'll defiantly watch Prime, for at least the pilot.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hope he can get his old megatron voice back, with the maniacal laugh it had it was perfect

8. Polrayne

Polrayne Member

This is great news! For those of you who don't want him for Megs because you don't think he has it in him - think about this. His voice of Megs is fine, especially for that miserable video game not too long ago. They didn't modulate his voice and LOWER it. The 80's TV show the modulated it (and Soundwave) and that's the voice we remember. For the game they didn't. Here, try this real quick. Do an impression of G1, Frank Welker Soundwave. Really - try it. See? Sounds really stupid unless you have the modulation of it that has to be done in post.

Cullen and Welker again on a show? Come on people, jump for joy for this! And I'm surprised that there isn't more talk of the LOOK of the Transformers in this incarnation rather than Meg's voice. I..absolutely...HATE...the...Bay...Look. And from the teasers of Bumblebee it looks like this AGAIN is going to come really close to being what we (meaning me :p ) wants again from my childhood. The War for Cybertron game has a GREAT look for the Transformers - they should go with that, rather than the Bay look. I haven't bought a single toy from the flicks, but spent a pretty fortune on the classics and will buy the hell out of the War for Cybertron line.

9. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

Oh dear.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Megatron and Soundwave the man right now. Heck, let him play every role apart from Optimus.

11. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

*fangasm*

12. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

You are right on the money! I love the look of the War for Cybertron game. I would be more than happy with that. It actually looks like a highly technological sophisticated race of robots. Not some butt ugly insect race like the movie designs make them look. I can't STAND the movie designs/look. I litterally hate them and it's why I have not even so much as thought about buying one single movie transformer. They are hideous looking.

And I mentioned the voice processing thing about Megatron in a previous post in this thread, as well. :) 

13. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Some of us didn't get into the fandom with G1, you know. But what the hell, let's paint with a broad brush.

Every bit of new news I hear about this show leaves me feeling more 'meh' by the minute.

14. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Don't go by what you read. It's a good show if you don't take it seriously.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    A Cybertronian set Cartoon (like War For Cybertron) would have me more interested.

But I'll see how this hangs together.

I'm more than likely going to like some of the toys and I don't really 'have' to watch the show.

I don't ever asume we'll get another 'treat' like Beast Wars again in a hurry.

16. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Whatever voice Frank does will make it worth watching. If Corey Burton gets thrown into the mix as Megs rather than Welker. All the more better.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

We are not true fans, it´s not like our opinion matters. Nevermind we have invested large ammounts of money on this frachise.

18. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed.

19. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Sweet!!
    Now who is Scooby Doo going to be voicing, an autobot or a decepticon?

Cant wait to find out :) 

20. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I'm aware, but it wasn't my gateway. I don't hate the show, it's just not my favorite: that honor goes to Beast Wars and Animated, the latter of which was kind of hurriedly ended and thrown under the bus, which has enabled the pointless haters and left me a little bitter, so yes, I'm a little biased. And yet, I'm almost 30. Ponder THAT one.

I stand by what I said: I'll be happy if I end up enjoying Prime, but Cullen and Welker? Okay, but meh. G1-style Starscream? Not exactly something we haven't seen before. (Cybertron, Animated, possibly the third film?) An army general? I've never found the army's inclusion in Transformers fiction to make it better. Not worse, usually, but never better.

Not hatin' just staying nonplussed. Give me something fresh (which I'm sure we'll get), and I'll probably feel a little better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.