Frank Welker As Megatron, So He Says!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Old School 75, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Old School 75

Old School 75 80s Baby!

2. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
  3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I wonder who the will get for Megs or any of them.. Starscream is going to be interesting..

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually I didn't like this voice. It sounded like either:

A. He's older now and can't do it.
    or
    B. He hasn't done it in awhile and forgot how, so it'll take some time to get back into it.

I wouldn't mind Cullen Vs. Kaye.

Cullen sounds like he just stepped out of a time machine.. from what I have heard.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd prefer someone else, honestly. I never cared much for Welker's Megatron, especially in light of Kaye's.

6. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Welker's original Megatron was good(the best in my opinion) but, I definately agree with ruination on this. Something is wrong with the voice above. He either can't pull it off due to age of voice, or he's not had time to get back into it. Lets hope it's the later.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i really don't care who plays megatron it will be great either way.

8. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Listening to the clip, there are moments where Welker does sound like Megatron from G1; however, I have to wonder if there was any "doctoring" of his voice done during the old G1 cartoon that isn't done here.

9. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Don't really care if Welker voices Megatron in the movie. This new character is so far removed from the one he portrayed, so why bother casting him. Besides, if the leaked script ends up being anywhere near accurate, Megatron won't have many lines. And when he does speak, it's mostly not in English. Then again, maybe that's why Welker *would* make the best choice. He'd probably be good at making gutteral growls and made-up sounds of a Cybertronian language.

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His voice was synthesised through a computer of some sort. Someone around here knows the exact name of the component. I'll leave it up to them to chime in.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    03Mach1 - it sounds like they put a bit of flange and some highpass filter on his voice. I mean, a REAL small amount, but those would be my guesses.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I actually like the way that clip sounded without the sound effects...it had the G1 Megatron sound but with an older, raspier sound to it. I really don't want Kaye to do it...he does a great job, but I'd just hear that annoying "Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" from Beast in my head the entire time.

If they go with a big name actor, I wouldn't mind Jeremy Irons...I think Scar from the Lion King had one of the most evil voices ever. Thats just IMO of course. I'd still really hope Welker gets it.

13. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

I think he needs a little flange in there, yeah. It sounds to me less like he can't do the voice, just that he's talking a bit slow. Megatron was never a real slow talker, was he? Give that voice some of that flanginess, make him talk at a more normal rate (this sounded almost slo-mo) and maybe it'll sound like ol' trigger-crotch.

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Does anyone know if Kaye has auditioned, or asked to audition?

(Sorry... but I'm too afraid to venture into the movie forum... I hear bad things happen in there...)

15. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

It sounded like the time whrn Megatron had Cosmic rust. aswell as smoking some fine cuban energon sticks

16. T.K. Sunglasses

T.K. Sunglasses -

I think his voice would go even less with the Megatron of this version, to be honest.

17. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

What? The "Yessssssssssss" was not annoying. "Nooo," it was not. It was a defining character trait that was completely awesome. Like Tarantulas's cackle. Or Optimus Primal's "sometimes, crazy works." Or Waspinator getting the every loving crap blown out of him and then complaining about it as he lay there in pieces.

And, honestly, as long as they get an actual voice actor to play Megs, I don't much care who it is. Some big names are OK at voice acting, some suck. If they have to use a big star, make it one that can voice act and fits the part.

If it ends up being Will Smith I'm going to go emo and start cutting myself though. I just want to get that out in the open right now.

18. The_Angelus_San

The_Angelus_San Well-Known Member

Although Cullen still sounds great doing OP, despite the passing of years, Welker doing his Megatron voice, well, to me it sounded like he was dying.

Although it would be nice to have Welker cast, i dont feel he'd be able to give Megatron in the movie enough presence and character as he needs.

19. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

That's how I feel. It doesn't seem like the Movie Megs is going to be anything like G1 Megs, so I don't really see the need for Welker to do the voice. If the Movie Megs was supposed to be like G1 Megs then I would be all over the idea of Welker. At this point I don't really care who voices Movie Megs.

20. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    old school vs new hmmmmm no thanks