Fragile Beast Wars transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by omfgitseric, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Counterpunch, to your credit, I've owned three different Torcas and none of them have ever broken. Sold/traded him every time only because I can't stand his robot mode. I can see why he'd suffer from GPS though, the brown used for his elephant body looks to be the right type.

I know of misassembly issues (TM2 Megatron), but nothing besides GPS where a BW figure was just fragile by design. Transmetal and TM2 chrome are definite issues though, especially TM Cheetor and Rattrap from what I've heard.

2. omfgitseric

omfgitseric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does anybody have any information about Lio Convoy? I'm not sure if it suffers from GPS since it's not made by Hasbro...I think.

Also, somebody here commented on silverbolt suffering from GPS. I'm assuming it's the eagle combiner, right? Not the fuzor?

3. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Not being made by Hasbro doesn't exempt something from GPS. Cases in point: BW Randy (gold recolor of Razorbeast) and G1 Black Zarak.

The Silverbolt with the GPS issue is indeed the one from Magnaboss.

I have a MOSC TM Rattrap whose metal is very much flaked off.

I have a Lio Convoy who doesn't have any problems (of which I am aware) but I don't handle him much.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No. The tail on mine broke off where the gold plastic that makes up most of his body simply disinmtegrated. It is definitely GPS.
    Incidentally, my Lioconvoy is fine. No problems at all. As is BWII Galvatron (who has gold plastic too).

5. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. Yes I did. Thanks for catching that, I'm not even sure how I made that mistake. Fixed the original post.