FRAG! PS 3 Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rattrap Primal, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Dammit! I go to play God of War 3 and the blasted PS 3 won't turn on longer than a few seconds (meaning I might be PS 3 less for a few months, since I don't make enough at work to get a new one, then I have to transfer the data from the hard drive or swap it, though newer models lack the PS 2 ability!)

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Is the light shining yellow?

3. Rattrap Primal

yellow for a few seconds then back to stand by (Near as I can figure I won't have the funds assistance until right before War for Cybertron and Alpha Protocol)

4. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    You have the PS3 version of the RROD. Google may provide some tricks for a quick fix, but who knows how long that will last. Good luck though.

5. Rattrap Primal

My father told me he could help in 4 to 6 weeks (he's retiring Friday and after that moving back to this coast to either PA or Delaware), and my Mother might be able to help a little bit. I plan on getting one of the new Slim Line PS 3's, though I'll have to replay Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 to get to where I left off at the last saves (how do you get the Hard Drive cover off for removal?) and I again have to get a new God of War 3 since my copy is stuck and won't come out unless I take the thing apart myself. If I wanted to play PS 2 games I could always get a new PS 2 (sold my old one towards a 360, should have kept that sucker, it was the old thick model)

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

^This^ That's why asked if the light was flashing yellow. Sure, the PS3's 'Yellow Light of Death' is no where near as common as the 360's 'Red Ring of Death' but it does happen, as is clearly with your case.

At the very least, try to get your copy of GoW3 out of it with Megablah's quick fix thing. I honestly don't think it would be worth getting another one.

7. Rattrap Primal

I was going to get a PS 3 Slimline, since some/ most of the power over heat issues have been fixed