FP vs Igear-Minibots!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    So far we've seen that FP is making Powerglide and Sea Spray. We also know that Igear is making Huffer and Sea Spray. From what you've seen so far, from your experiences with both, which do you see yourself buying? Do you think FP will make more mini-bots? What will be the deciding factor? Price? Size? QC?

What are your thoughts on a potential War of the Mini-bots?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Too soon to tell.

iGear has an advantage, they just announced that they will have 7 minibots in their line. With FP we only know of two.

We also know the rough sizes of the iGear bots but no clue how tall FP's are.

Where I stand? Both Seasprays have faults and both have different faults so I am still undecided.

3. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No "VS" in my mind, I'll just buy them all. :) 

4. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

:jawdropper:  WHAT?!?!

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A mix-n-match of the ones I like best, duh.

6. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

The deciding factor for me will come down to all three really, price, size and QC, of course price is always a big issue but if we’re talking $5 or $10 difference per a figure, I’m willing to spend more for the design that I like better or that has better overall QC.

However, I think by FP and IGear both doing mini-bots at roughly the same time they’re going to cutting into each other’s profits and this may end up having negative ripple effects to other things that both companies are working on.

Here yah go:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/413833-new-igear-minobots-way.html

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    thats 8 total. 7 new molds probably, if Huffer and Pipes are the same.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I stand corrected, 8:O

9. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    OR...capitolism MIGHT actually work, and help drive down the prices across the board...

As more of the heavy-hitter "Missing classics" characters get done, the 3rd party crowd WILL have to step on eachother's toes more, or else go in different directions (Heartmaster). As the pressure of competition and the expereince of doing this for a few years also set in, they may find ways to produce more efficiently, lower prices, and turn a profit at a lower MSRP.

HEEEEEEEEERE'S Hoping! Anyway!

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Well FP Powerglide and IG Huffer both look lovely, to me. Seaspray I can't be bothered with.

Given their likely cost and my reluctance to buy toys online (I like the hunt, me), I'll hold out hope that third party products (I'm mainly thinking Jizai but there are a few instances) will encourage Has-Tak to make some bonafide CHUG versions of Huffer, Beachcomber and others. Deluxe, please.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Personally I don't think G1 accurate toys fit in with CHUG.

With PP and these mini warriors I have come to terms that I will be starting up my 4th G1 based collection. (G1, MP.Alts, Classics and this)

12. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

We'll definitely see come release time for these figures. I hope it does drive down prices, but it could also force them to step back and scale back any ambitious plans they may have for future figures and add-ons if sales don't pan out well due to saturation of the market.

13. Lockdown_024

Lockdown_024 Bounty Hunter

My thoughts exactly.
    QC and price are king.

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

FP's Seaspray looks better than iGear's, but FP's Powerglide has a bad case of gigantism. His head is enormous! Huffer and the rest of iGear's line up look great so far, but really they might end up fighting a losing battle against the HasTak classics minibots I already own. Just because they're 3rd party doesn't make them automatically better.

15. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    This is the pessimistic but realistically worrisome flip side of the coin, for sure...

16. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

they are legends size not scout Size!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Hasbro could retool legends optimist into a good legend's class Huffer.

[​IMG]

please ignore the backdrop,I was taking photos of my work for Duncan and didn't feel like changing it for three transformer photos.

I do feel like the new I-gear robots are a half an inch too short. and I don't understand why Gears still has no love!?

all I really want is a scout class Gears and Brawn !

unless the fan projects ones are actually scout size I'm going to pass on all them. I really don't want to pay the $40-$50 (which they'll probably be) to re-buy legends class figures I already own.

17. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer fansprojects seaspray by miles (as apposed to igears 2d version lol) also fansprojects minibots look bigger and more robust but we will have to see how big they really are. EDIT:looking at them in cmparison to laser prime they look about scout size which is a huge releif for me lol

I know im going to buy the ones that only igear is making we have been far too long without a poseable huffer, brawn, beachcomber and cosmos

18. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

19. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    FP Powerglide looks bad with that huge head, FP Seaspray looks better than I-Gear's but I-Gear's seems to have better articulation.
    Huffer looks very nice so far, although a bit too simplistic or too G1-ish if that makes any sense.

20. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i have a feeling FP will have a cheaper offering, considering they made sidearm $10. On the whole, for what were getting Fansproject usually comes through with the best pricing as far as the design, features, and materials their products have to offer, and seeing as these guys aren't too complex we might catch a break.

Huffer is still too short for my tastes, i wish he were able to see eye to eye with Classics Bee. Its a shame really, as Hasbro has to conform to rigid pricepoints when doing their figure sizes (whereas 3rd parties can throw that yardstick out the window) and Bee hits that sweet spot between scout and deluxe. I doubt we will have another mold in that size unless it comes with another stupid big accessory like the wave crasher to hit the plastic quota.