FP Protector chrome spoiler help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerminator, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    OK, forst off...if this isn't the right place to ask thsi question, mods please move ti to teh appropriate forum. I got FP Protector today from Captured Prey. This is my first FP product and I loveloveLOVE it! My issue is this: After first trying to make the crossbow with the regular spoiler pieces... I accidentally made some severe stress marks on one. Now, that one is loose and falls off of both the trailer and Rodimus... I have the classics Rodimus, so I have no need for the chrome spoilers. Has anyone tried de-chroming them...and if so, what color is the plastic underneath the chrome? If I'm lucky...I hope it's the same shade of orange/yellow as the regular spoiler. Other than this...I'm as happy as a fat kid locked up in a Krispy Kreme with my upgraded Rodimus Prime!

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how did you make stress marks on the spoiler? you have a pic? and try to heat it up with a blow dryer and bend it back into place (should remove the stress mark as well) and when it is in position, put it in cold water

3. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    my dumb ass was so eager to get the kit onto my rodimus, that i neglected to pay close attention to the instructions. it was actually one of the wing attatchments, not the actual spoiler. it was fitting loosely onto rodimus' spoiler, so i tried applying pressure..then i find out that i'm putting it on the wrong side...damage already done. now, as a result, it's loose as hell on both modes and falls off easily.

4. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    just dab some clear nail polish into whatever your talking about, or more so if you need more filler. cheap, easy, clear way to keep whatever you stretched fitting tight where its supposed to

5. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

6. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    def just brush a little clear nail polish in there, will fix ya right up. its a pretty universal fix for looseness xD

7. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the BIS set Rodimus, and I personally like the gold spoilers better in both modes than the orange one. It just makes him look all pimped out.