FP Parallax 03, Who COULD it be?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, May 31, 2011.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    As with most others, I get excited about FP products. As I think about their Parallax line I am stumped on who could be the next to get upgrade parts.

With the Crossfire series there are many Combiners that could go through the FP treatment. Speculation there is simply listing everything beyond the Superion and Bruticus.

But who can go through a parts upgrade like Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod did?

The only thing I can think about, and I would most likely pass on because it was never in a show, is Power Master Prime.

The only other guess I can make is Galvatron. I have no clue how it would work but the deluxe guy deserves to be at least a bulky Voyager.

What do you fine folks at TFW2005 think? Which figure would work in the Parallax line and be as mind blowing, and relevant, as City Commander and Protector?

Thanx
    Transbot90210

p.s. This is not a who do you want to see thread but specifically, who would actually work as a Parallax figure.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    They seem to keep pretty in sync with things when it comes to their "lines", so I don't really know what character could benefit the most from an armor, but as crazy as it sounds, I'd love for it to be some kind of armor to make the CHUG Voyager Megatron mold into galvatron.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I'd rather have Powermaster prime.

4. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    Powermaster Prime would be awesome and I would buy it in a heartbeat (assuming it's of the same caliber as other FP stuff that is).

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Same... but, since it's armor, I wonder if they'd release it under parallax with them already doing the commander armor for the prime mold?

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Duckett mentioned one of the reasons why I think PM Prime is not on any short list. Upgradign Prime has already been done. I am sure if FP make it it will be neat but how fresh would ANOTHER armour for Prime be?

I also don't think every Parallax item needs to be a trailer, simply a bunch of pieces that combine and interact with the figure it upgrades. That being said I still have no clue what would work.

Going real big I would think Motormaster would work. This would obviously beed to be a new mould and the Trailer bits can form upgrades for Motormaster and/or(more so OR) be used to form all the parts for the combined form (minus the other 4 bots). The only issue with this is that it is now a Crossfire figure.

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    Well the DIA armor is nifty, but to me it's sort of an afterthought to City Commander, like they said "oh we can do this for Prime too since they are the same mold." But the DIA Commander doesn't look like anything to me; it's cool armor yes, but it doesn't look like Optimus anymore, not really, which is why I don't plan to get that set. I'd rather leave Classics Prime on my shelf as-is. Whereas City Commander - while not screen accurate, I grant you - is still clearly Ultra Magnus. So I would think a Prime-specific upgrade would be a welcome addition. BUT, I do see the point TJ and Transbot are making.

8. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DIA Commander is a throwback to Diaclone Powered Convoy/Commander.

Powermaster Prime was in a show, however the show was Japanese.

I think an upgrade for Thunderwing could be next. It would fit in with the "theme" of parallax.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    thunderwing upgrade would be nice. So would G2 optimus.

10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Sorry for the lame question, but what would the upgrade for Thunderwing be? I'm not too familiar with the character.

11. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    Yeah I know, but up until recently I had no idea what that was, whereas growing up Powermaster Prime was my favorite toy. Diaclone doesn't "resonate" with me in the least. Just sayin'. ;) 

A Thunderwing upgrade would make me regret not picking up the shelfwarmer, therefore it is likely to be the next one to get the FP treatment.

13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
  14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I hope it would be an upgrade. Thunderwing really shouldn't have been a deluxe anyways. He should have been much bigger. When he is as tall as a classics seeker, it makes it hard for him to be the big brute dominator.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Not to derail my own thread. It seems there are very few options with Parallax anyway. But am I the only one that finds FP's silence strange?

They are ready to start putting out CA-03-05 and yet no more news on what is to follow.

A long while back they put out a huge list of what to expect from them and outside of Causailty there hasn't even been a whisper as to whats coming down the pipe line.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I think FansProject is a fine company, but I think most Unofficial Items are less than necessary. Having said that, I would buy a Thunderwing upgrade in a heartbeat. I love the character, and while the Generations figure is a fine little toy, being stuck as deluxe is one of the bigger disappointments to me.

The toy already has a great look to it that could be easily built off of. It's just a question of if FansProject is into that type of character. And hey, considering how much the guy shelfwarms, it'd be a lot easier for people to get a hold of it for the upgrade, compared to Target-exclusive Magnus for City Commander or SG Rodimus/Wildrider for Shadow Scythe

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the way that FansProject has always been. Big news update that gets everyone foaming at the mouth, and then a month or so of absolute silence.

They just tend not to show stuff off until they're ready.

18. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say Starsaber would be awesome, I'm dure they could upgrade thrust if we couldn't find another red jet

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm with TJ Duckett. Henkei Megatron -> Galvatron wins my vote.

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    That Thunderwing looks like an easy upgrade... please make this FP..