FP Insecticons? I want my FP Mammoth!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Quixote_Prime, May 12, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Forget the FP Insecticons! I want my FP Mammoth!

Remember these? Collector and Mammoth?

From tfw2005 (I hope I can link to tfw images -- if not I'll put them in my photos site)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I do... not want that over the insecticons.

I'm sure once actual production and engineering comes into play, there'll be images that look a ton better, but that image looks way too "actual G1" for me.

3. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sincerely I'm fine with the FP production of this time: I can't wait for the Insecticons but also the Heartmasters and the third Crossifire :) 

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Who is that supposed to be in the sillouhette in the first image? A Junkion?

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't care what FP put out. Whatever they put out,

1. it will be good
    2. I will buy it

so nothing will change.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I think FP made a wise move to go for the Insecticons over their own design. The Insecticons have been long overdue for a classics update, and people will want the FP Insecticons because it fufills that need AND FP has yet to make a product that has been generally disliked for quality reasons.

The mammoth doesn't have the established character set like the insecticons do. Yes, it still has the backing of the brand-name of FP, but collectors are more likley to not buy the mammoth because it does not fill a hole in their collections, as the Insecticons would, and so would not be willing to pay a large price for something they do not need.

With the global economy still in the grasp of a recession, FP needs a sure-fire way of maintaining profitability, and the Insecticons represent that more than a concept of an extinct mammal.

Wreck-Gar, although it could be a Junkion if the head was changed. I'm thinking FP put that one on the back burner since Hasbro released Generations Wreck-Gar.

You forgot "it will have a price that could kill wallets in cold blood".

7. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree 110%. I feel like a zombie. Any time I hear there's a new FP product on preorder, I immediately preorder without thinking twice.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:

I thought that was like, TFC Devy :p  FP's has been reasonable thus far for the most part.

I am exactly like this. News of FP preorder? Preorder right away, doesn't matter if I am at work, away from home, whatever. Anywhere with internet access or if its without, ask a friend.

9. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Fansproject might be putting something in my water too.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:

Agreed.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think we are all under the FP trance. But it is simple math... Great Quality + Creative Product + lowest 3rd party prices = Fan Loyalty

About the Collector..They were going to release Not - Wreckgar followed by Old man Junkion and Female Junkion. I would still like to see these but with Hasbro releasing a top notch Wreck Gar figure the potential sales really dropped. Although I can see them selling out of Old man and Female right quick.

The Mammoth was/is part of the Glacial bots and a combiner. I think the design is very simple, especially for FP but then again these are a pretty old concept. The lack of G1 reference to these guys will definately hurt sales but this is FP and they did a great job of making TF fans FP fans. This set would totally rock if they incorperated G1 characters into their Glacial bots. This Mammoth looks like it can easily be Ironhide. With a simple little backstory of how they awoke during the Mammoth era (I don't know the acientific name lol) ,the way they did with Hearts of Steel, I would even buy them.

There was also another picture in that series for Broadwise which people are assuming will be WB-02

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I am always on the FP wagon, but I would be jumping up and down on that wagon if they revealed crossfire 3 to be defensor or Menasor.

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    really want to see the glacialbots.

Personally I'm really interested to see them go all out on something completely original

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    OMG a Menasor would put me on cloud nine. I dunno why but I love the Stunticons. Defensor would be cool too with 5 unique moulds. Menasor would be much easier with only 3 moulds (body, arm, leg) and an addition 2 car shells.

15. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Although I eventually came around to the awesomeness of the Hasbro Wreck-Gar mold I'd still like to see FP's Collector and variants at some point.

I'm not so sure the Mammoth would be a must have for me but like all FP products I'd certainly be intrested in seeing the artwork brought to life.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I would buy up the FP Collector bots in a heart beat...even if they made a wreckgar he would look so different that you can use him as another character..that and you also get Old bot and Fem bot junkions.

If FP were to make that Mammoth there is NO WAY it would be that blocky and simple. If they do start producing the Glacial Bots (which long ago I remember hearing they still are and that it is not crossfire03) I will definately follow it.

17. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the Glacialbots have the Energon style of combining, It's a solid win for me.

18. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glacialbots would've been cool, though

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I think, based on the general aesthetic of the designs, the Mammoth and his ice-age friends were going to be retro "Scramble city" type toys in pure G1 glory.

Probably loosely based on the Ice-age combiner concept art from generations.

As a scramble-fan, I'm sure myself and certain segments of the G1-collector fanbase would LOVE a "new-G1" toy, much the way the Headrobots Cobra figure was well received (or well enough, more or less).

BUT, I'm sure they're making the safer bet sticking to quasi-Classics style figures.

D/L

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The head of the Collector looks like Jamie from Mythbusters >_>