FP Explorer and Munitioner w/Bruticus.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Alucard -

I know it may not be your first choice, but BBTS does have DL Blaster in stock right now, and they have pre-orders up for the PE Eject & Rewind if those are the ones you want?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm going to chime in and say..YOU THINK YOU ARE DONE.

I don't think we have seen the end of the Classicverse. There are still many big hitters left, Trailbreaker, Arcee, Dinobots, WFC and WFC2 figures ect ect. Not to mention all the 3rd party goodies coming abouts to cater to our Neo-G1 needs including TFC Devastator, PE Reflector, the eventual Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak repaints, BTS Soundwave and the obvious new cassettes that will bring abouts.

Because of the influx of Classics and 3rd party Neo-G1 figures, I have so much that I want that I have come to terms that selling off my A/E/C collection will actually make my collection look better. Plus I am totally in love with TF: Prime designs and figures so that will get me going again after my break from the movie jun...stuff.

The best part about being a transfan, just when you think you get out, they pull you back in.

OH and if you really want to be impressed by the iGear Autobot base then be ready to use just a little crazy glue. One small dab on each connecter point and you will have a solid ...VERY solid base. No glue and the thing is a mess.
    I'm only adding this because most people hated this set and here I am still hanging on to some hope that the Decepticon set will be released. (Official word is sales were so bad on the Autobot base that they scraped the Decepticon base)

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Its not over until its Over :p 

You will never be "done", its part of the pain, or the fun, depending on how you look at it, of being a collector.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the worst part of this hobby is trying to decide what on your individual list to get next. Seems like if you choose wrong and something else on your list gets sold out you'll be paying double for it later. Sucks! Right now I am trying to decide what will have more demand PE's Reflector, or I-gears MP Ramjet, then I have to work out how much to save for the first TFC Scavenger in late May. ??????

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    That and you have to pick and choose which lines and what to collect. You can't collect everything. Time and space does not permit so, cept for the richest of us. Wasn't there a guy that rented out an apartment just to display his TF's?

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Haha, ok, let me correct myself...

I am done with what is currently out. I already am waiting on Reflector (pre ordered), the insecticons, TFC Devastator, repaints for PE Lazerbeak and buzzsaw. Not sure about Soundwave since I have Music Label and that soundwave looks a bit to skinny. I would have to see final pics of that one.

So, your right I am not done, but at least I don't have to go hunting for classics any longer. Oh yeah, I need freaking Classics Deluxe Cliff Jumper. He is another chase.

Not sure how to feel about the IGear Coneheads yet. I may get everything I need and say screw it and get them as well. They just don't go on my Season 1 Decepticons MP scale shelf.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You have got to be kidding me. First off I wish I had that kind of coin. Second, what point is having a collection that you don't have complete access to?

WOW what to get first between iG MPSeeker or PE Refector.

I think PE Reflector will sell better due to more option in purchasing these guys and the smaller price.

I think those MP's are only available via igear and if I recall, super high price aside, the shipping costs are high too. So I assume low sales on these guys. But low sales can also mean high secondary market prices.

You sir are in a tight collectors bind. I went with PE because I can not justify the super high expense of the MP Seekers. I want them, they look awesome and judging by the way the dude was handling it in the vid, well built. These will be a grail I will have to return too and I do not look forward to the price when I do.

8. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    my problem is - and i've read what you've all said - i just can't pull the trigger on them without having the rest of RotF Bruticus. he seems to be the pricier investment right now. i know that'll change but it's a hard (at least for me) mental leap to make.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The feeling of being done "for the moment" is awesome.
    I am at the point you are at but still need Wheeljack, Kup, Scourge, and Warpath but none of these guys have made it to Canada yet. After those guys I will be done with all the released Classic and skipping the 3rd movie toys. I will have a whole summer with nothing but 3rd party goods to obtain (PE Reflector, TFC Devi, FP Insecticons, MMC HoS Shockwave and Insecticons, BTS Soundwave, PE Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw and maybe the PE hinted at Soundwave, Cassetticons that will come about with BTS Soundwave) Holy crap there are a lot of 3rd party stuff coming around, thank you Bayverse for having zero appeal to me and to TF: Prime for waiting until October to arrive.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Try buying the body and one chopper and one tank off of ebay. If you don't mind spending a little now for placeholder (meaning you can buy the off color versions as stand ins) If this option works for you you can even by the figure incomplete because you don't need those silly energon "hands" and "feet" to make Crossfire-02.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I am not kidding you Transbot :p  I will find you the pics... its crazy. He also have like 10 copies of things.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
  13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    WOW If I were that hardcore and that wealthy I still would have put the rent money into buying more TFs and putting them in storage until I could buy a big enough home to display them all.

14. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    do you just need the figures? no accessories? the crossfire sets come with everything that you need?

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    All you need are the figures. Crossfire-02 does the rest.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If anyone wants to split a bruticus set, I am all for it (I want only the accessories.)

17. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    This is what I did (buying it piecemeal) from a member on the boards.

I got the ROTF Vortex, Gunbarrel and Heatwave as stand-in's at the moment. It cost considerably less than buying the ROTF set and was a good deal. There are some decent pictures out there of what the different combinations look like. The Crossfire set looks good with all of them.

Having seen pictures of Heatwave as the torso, I like it, plus I'll have a unique Bruticus due to the color scheme. I like that too.

If prices ever drop on the ROTF set, I'll consider one - but I'm not paying the close to $200 I see it going on Ebay for.

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would take you up on this because all I want are the vehicles but I spent my money on the 8 pack Warpath set at BBTS. Maybe if I can sell off my Titanium set we could do this.

19. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Thank you to everyone who has helped thus far!!

20. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Once again GIK is DA MAN!!!