FP Collosus, a thought.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    As Fansproject returns to steal the spotlight after a year of silence we have learned that they have grown. We now know they plan on releasing figures based on their own characters in a Transforming Universe that is not Transformers (TM). We also know they are still kicking it full steam with the G1 homage figures. They are planning on 12 items in 12 months IF EVERYTHING WORKS OUT (we all know 3P are prone to unforseen delays). We have been teased by insider information and assume there will be combiners, stand alone figures, Triple changers and there own unique non homage figures.

With all this happening and with FP growing do you think they will revisit Collosus. Will they replace the Hasbro bots with their own?

The reason I even ask this is because of the creation of their own Universe. We know know that Defender (Springer) is actually Defender and not Springer after all. So we see them bringing in the homage characters and having them interact with the original characters in their own Universe.

After completing Mensor and Glacialbots do you think they will go back and make Collosus 100% theirs by replacing the 3 final bots?

Discuss :) 

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope not unless they are rereleasing munitioner and explorer as well

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be nice, but I'm definitely not expecting it.

I just want to see the Stunticons already.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I thought the same thing. I'd love to see their take on the other 3 & re-release Munitioner & Explorer, but I honestly don't see it happening. It seems they've moved on to bigger & better things. One can always hope though, right? lol

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Lets assume they would. I would also assume that FP owns those moulds so they can return to them whenever right?

6. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

It would definitely be welcomed by a LOT of people, but I don't see it happening. And I believe if it does happen, it won't be for a loooong time.

You already mentioned the extremely ambitious goal of releasing 12 figures over the next year if everything goes as planned, as insiders have foretold. If that is going to happen, I don't see how they can "revisit" any of their previous offerings. At least not for a loooong time.

Also, as already has been mentioned, they would need to reissue their Explorer and Munitioner sets to make this happen.

I think they have their dancecard is quite full at the moment, and I CAN"T WAIT to see som FP stunticons!

7. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they see the potential for a reissue- I would be extatic as I only recently tracked down a set of combaticons and I am not paying $250+ for a set of munitoner and explorer

8. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i am torn with that thought...it would be nice to have a 100% FP made briticus but, i would like to save the cash for their future offerings. The current Bruticus is an awesome looking figure was well.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i asked this question a long time ago. much hate i recieved. i thought it woud be a good idea.

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well it could only improve the ugly miss matched thing so god i hope so.

11. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I think it would be amazing. I know I will get slammed for this but I'd be much more excited for this than even a complete FP Menasor. The Combaticons were always my favorite combiners and creating 3 more members as awesome as Munitioner and Explorer would quickly elevate Colossus to my favorite 3rd party item ever.

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think any of this is going to happen.

However, I do think that Munitioner/Explorer will be re-released this year. :) 

13. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can see this working in one of two ways

If fansproject core plans on doing the other three bots it would be awesome but also they would have to re-issue the original 4 (warcry, flameblast, munitioner, and explorer) plus the new 3 which would hopefully look some-what like their G1 counterparts with all that being said if they released the new bots and reissued the others I can see that working to their benefit. If chosen to remake the old molds then they should make it a whole gift-set because that is the only logical way I would see it working for them best.

OR

They just release the new three and say screw the other molds as they already made enough money off them or just don't make any of them at all. Why not make a whole new set of combining combaticons that is specifically designed by the FPC?

I only hope that whichever route FPC is going I hope they keep this momentum up and stick to their word about the introduction of new products by next year.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    How's this. Make three new bots and release it as a box set. That way if you own the first two or not you still have to buy all 5.

It sounds like a double dip but I would still be on board because I want a classics Bruticus. What I mean is, if FP is going the way they appear to be they will be getting their own shelf and Classics will start getting holes again.

15. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd rather they just give us an add-on for a new chest shield/wing, and some heads (a bigger/proportionate one for Bruti and/or more G1 accurate versions for Onslaught, Brawl, and Vortex). I actually don't mind the Energon molds as they're fine figures by themselves. But then again, I always thought FP's head/face sculpts were never their strong suit.

16. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might as well make a completely new Bruticus.
    I like Colossus a lot as he is now, don't need an upgrade to the upgrade, but he is very overshadowed by Hercules.

17. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Just replace the other two limbs and add a new head for onslaught. I'd be all skippy with that...

18. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Transbot, since you are at TFCON, have you mentioned this idea to the FP folks over there? It would be interesting to see their response!

19. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

I hope they dont. The remaining limbs in their own right do the existing characters enough justice. I personally modded a Brawl out of a Heavytread so Im thoroughly pleased. Even when I didnt have said modded limb the set was still impressive. The added stuff in each bot set was enough to put all the fun in that you could want. Guns, articulated death fingers, Rambo knife, guns, big monster feet.....guns! I guess what Im saying is that all though they could release a few different head molds there isnt much in the way of alteration you could do besides release your own versions. Like others have said they would also have to re release Not-Swindle and Not-Blast-off. That would be kinda risky in a way. If most people are happy with what they have then you really risk a chance at sales. I think from a business aspect they will leave well enough alone. They need to get their asses in gear anyways and make Menasor. I wanna spend more money. Then I will FINALLY get to live out the classic three way rumble!!!!

20. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Uh, that would be a sure way to piss fans off. Which FP doesn't do, in general.