2D Artwork: FP City Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by CypherCrowley, May 19, 2011.

1. CypherCrowley

CypherCrowley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a City Commander illustration I'm currently working on. In the past I've always given my drawings away for free, but recently I have been urged by a number of people to stop doing that and to start charging a little money for the stuff. So I've decided to test the water by doing a couple of colour prints to sell at conventions, and the City Commander is going to be my first attempt. I'll post more pictures as the illustration progresses. Feel free to leave your feedback/suggestions/criticism. :) 

Attached Files:

2. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    great line work im glad to hear that your trying to make a little money with your work i think its sad to see artist work go for nothing. cant wait to see how the back ground and color turns out

3. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

great work:thumb ...have no doubt someone would pick this up and make ya some money...

4. CypherCrowley

Well, it'll be interesting to see how this will go. It's one thing to tell somebody to that you like their drawings and actually shelling out the dough. I hope at least somebody will pick 'em up, and I think there a far worse choices for a character to try selling as a print than City commander/Magnus, especially since we'll never see an official artwork for this incanation.

So anyway, Today I started inking the dude (see first post).

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    lookin good my friend!!

quality stuff here!

6. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Your art= awesome. Lets see more.

7. CypherCrowley

UPDATE (Image in first post): Nearly finished with inking, started adding some more details. i want to make it so you get almost an overload of details, using the different linewidths to seperate the main body masses.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I really hope this pic turns out well. Once I'm done inking I'll have to take another look at Josh's coloring tutorial and his Cosmos video. ;) 

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like this piece a lot :thumb 

I would like to point out that the left foot looks a bit small, though. It's almost as if you ran out of room on the lower right side of your page and had to fit it in. If you've scanned this and imported it into Photoshop, it would be an easy fix :thumb 

9. CypherCrowley

I didn't notice the size issue myself, and I actually started with the foot. So it's not that I ran out of space. I guess it's just when you work on an illustration for too long you get used to the way it looks and fail to see flaws. I'll fiddle around with it in PS once I have it properly scanned.

Anyway, I did a quick colour mock up to get a feel for the pic (see first post).

10. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    WHICH FLAWS?????????? IT'S FF'ING PERFECT!!!

I seriously have living under a stone perhaps... but this is the best art I've seen in ages!!!

11. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    I like the coloring technique that you used give it a water color feel to it. not sure if this is finished yet but it feels unfinished for some reason.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Love it!! :thumb 

I know the time it takes for an artist to complete their work from start to finish, really hope you have success in selling a few pieces!! :D 

13. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

14. CypherCrowley

Yeah, it looks unfinished, but that's because it is. This was just a fairly quick test shot to see what it looks like with colors. I'll have to get the image properly scanned before I do the 'real' coloring. ;) 

And thanks for the positive feed back everyone, but don't feel shy to make suggestions if you can think of ways to improve the illustration. :)