FP Bruticus, Warcry/Flameblast, FP not-Insecticons, or keep the cash?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, May 28, 2011.

?

What to do?

1. Sell Bruticus and keep the cash

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Keep Bruticus

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  3. Sell Bruticus and get Warcry/Flameblast

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sell Bruticus, get FP not-Insecticons

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  5. Sell Bruticus and buy something else cool (specified in a post)

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I acquired FP Bruticus in a trade a while back, but it's literally spent almost the ENTIRE time I've owned it sitting on a shelf far from where I was based, so I never really had a chance to appreciate it. I do recall liking Munitioner and Explorer, and the combined mode is nice to look at... But I don't think I'm feeling it any more. Especially since it's spent 90% of the time I owned it sitting on a shelf where I couldn't even see it. I'd rather have it go to someone that will appreciate it... And I don't even like the Energon molds.

So... Do I keep what I have, sell what I have and get Warcry/Flameblast (and some cash), sell what I have and get the FP not-Insecticons (and some cash), or just dump it and keep the cash?

I wouldn't ask if I knew what to do... But I'm very conflicted because there are multiple parts to the set and I only like a few of the parts... And I can obtain cooler-colored versions of the parts that I do like... But then I lose the combined mode that I may or may not actually look at.

2. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would sell it and get either the Insecticons or use the cash towards TFClub Hercules

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

If you're not enjoying it, sell Bruticus and get the not-Insecticons. If those don't interest you, find something else or keep the cash. No reason to keep something you're not enjoying it.
    But you better be sure. Cause they'll be expensive to replace!

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

If you dont like it, sell it and get the FP ninja bugs.

5. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    I just finished getting Munitioner and Explorer just last week so I really haven't had time to enjoy them. If you like the FP molds but not the other Energon bots or Bruticus for that matter, you might want to sell them and exchange them for Warcry and Flameblast and still have money left over.

On that note...seeing as the 2nd production run of Munitioner and Explorer have pretty much sold out...re-acquiring these after you sell them will become a pain.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say keep Bruticus.

But hey, if you really don't want him, I'll give ya $5. Cold hard cash.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Almost everything I'm unsure about selling or keeping is because I know the replacements are going to be hard to find.

I'm not convinced about keeping it, knowing that if I re-do my display, the 3 Energon molds are going in storage... Which is why I'm considering Warcry/Flameblast. I like the FP molds, but I don't neeeeeeeed the combination factor to think they're cool.

8. sh002

sh002 Banned

sell the bruticus to me.

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Move it to a shelf where you can see it a bit more. If you still arent feeling it after that then you should probably get rid of it.

10. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    If you really don't want Bruticus, go ahead and sell him. But keep in mind, if you sell him, chances are it will be for keeps. Fansproject stuff is always in demand, and always appreciates sharply in aftermarket. Since the Bruticus set himself has more or less vanished, and there's already been one rerun of the limbs, the chances of finding another of those are slim too.

Pick him up, fiddle with him a while, and decide if you will be happy selling him and not being able to reacquire him in the future. If yes, then sell him off, no regrets. Just be sure 6 months down the line you aren't going to be looking at pictures of him on eBay and sighing at the price.