Heavy/Scratch: FP Bruticus chestplate (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ZedzDead, Sep 5, 2010.

1. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    i started this on the friday i completed my order for the wonderful FP bruticus addon set. i took a RID bruticus chestplate and used epoxy to fill in the gaps and my dremel went to work. i am waiting on some reprolabels for the symbol. instead of having a chestplate that hung down straight off of his chest, i simply cut it high and set the bottom portion of the plate at an angle that worked w/ bruticus' "natural" contour. he looks naked w/o it. and why FP didnt make something like this is beyond me. i am currently about 50% finished. i fashioned this piece to work w/ the FP set so it does not hinder any movement or obstructs the face in anyway. the old chestpiece looked too out dated. so i revamped its look to fit in w/ the rest of this awesome piece. and yes i am using the old barricade b/c his colors are more accurate. hope you enjoy! notice how i placed vortex's arms in gestalt mode (another simple, yet effective improvement over the way it was intended). ZedzDead

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. Osiricon

Osiricon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's genius!

3. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i already have a g1 chest piece on mine (painted to be show accurate) but i think i may try too. it looks really good and ive done the same thing to my classics devastator. i made a modified chest piece for him and added a g1 head and propper hands. it makes a world of difference

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GREAT IDEA!!! If I were getting this set I would probably go about doing something similarly.

5. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats such an simple and great idea i shall be doing this!

6. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    when everyone was saying how much they hated the devastator combiner, i was laughing. i saw how he could be better. keeping one thing in mind is that i realize (for whatever reason) hasbro/takara always seems to leave a missed opportunity on most of their figs. i know this is due to time constraints and money. but some figs like energon mold classics devi/bruticus, they seem to leave you options. i mean, who really displayed ANY of the energon mold combiners like hasbro pictured? i kinda wish FP wouldve remade the other two limbs to put them on par w/ swindle and blast off. but i am happy as everyone else who was fortunate to get the bruticus set. this is their best project thus far in my opinion. i cannot wait to see what they do to classics devi as they seem to suggest in the instructions w/ the silhouette of a 3rd project. i really hope they give him a new middle piece made up of at least 2 figs.

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

That shits wack yo!

8. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    WORD! i know you were getting tired of me sending pics to you :) . i couldnt help it! glad to see you on. corn husk smoker out! lol

9. ultramagnus69

ultramagnus69 GTL

Ok whoa ... I need that ....step by step tutorial please!

10. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    that looks great! for my devi, i fused the center piece together (i have a spare), and used a gun connector from the G1 menasor set. the peg fits just right in the chest hole. i added the energon star just to keep the theme the same. i plan on re doing the bruticus chestplate w/ more defined angles and cleaner lines and contours. i would like to redo the devi one as well, i just cannot find one that is not broken for a decent price. as far as the bruticus chest piece goes, all i did was dremel below the top part of the piece where the bottom of the "wings" meet. then i cut off the waist pieces that protruded out from the sides of the bottom piece (which has been taken care of by FP). i used epoxy (the kind you kneed together). while the epoxy was still damp, i fitted it on and got the angle i needed. took it off to fully cure and the rest was up to my files and dremel to acheive the desired shape.

if some one has an original bruticus and devastator chest piece (unbroken, i would gladly trade this for the two. i want to take what i learned and apply it differently to improve upon it. anyone?

12. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    ultramagnus69, i dont know what is more disturbing, my avatar or yours lol