Fox orders two more seasons of The Simpsons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't the cash cow dry yet?

2. Streck

Streck QED Veteran

I remember the news articles that were written about The Simpsons when it first came out. Bart's hairstyle was "edgy" and the humor was "fresh." There were concerns that it was "too wild" for TV and would soon be cancelled. Meanwhile, "Eat My Shorts" was already gracing apparel and the Soviet Union was collapsing.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

A part of me thinks "let it die already!!!", but then another part of me realizes that if they conitnue airing it, I could simply continue not watching it, thus there is once again balance in the universe. Let them keep making new Simpsons till they break all the records; I'll just keep watching Family Guy or whatever else instead (well, until that also starts to suck too hard to watch).

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

THis is good news indeed....I watch the simpsons everyday afterwork and every sunday....I just love them...I can not believe the "who shot Mr Burns" episode is 10 years old! Thats 1996 ... the year I graduated from High School! Damn! I am OLD :)  Oh well...at this rate there will be reruns on TV on the day i DIE too LOL.

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

so 16 years ago...

I know its weird but I still love this show.

7. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

All you had to do was click the link and you woulda answered your own question! and you call yourself a mod! :ev: 

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed.

I feel old now because its been running for so long I cant remember the last time it was last actually funny, amusing, or entertaining in the slightest.

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Word. I don't get it. Of course the logic of television always ends up confusing somehow.

I can't believe the episode of who shot Mr. Burns was that long ago. Its crazy that its been on as long as it has, which is impressive, but I think the show has really gone pass its prime and relevance.

10. Streck

Streck QED Veteran

Oh, I understand why they did it. This is one of those cases where understanding why doesn't help at all, but only fuels further rage.

11. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

The Simpsons definitly has the ability to still be funny.

The ability to still be fresh though, they haven't had that in a LONG time.

12. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Two more seasons? Can't they just pull a Star Trek and let it die for a few years before bringing out the major motion picture?

Heh. I can remember when my local FOX affiliate would run their "Bill, Bart, and Bird" promos featureing Bill Cosby, Bart Simpson, and Larry Bird of the Boston Celtics.

Man, that was a long time ago.

13. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

While Gunsmoke and the Simpsons might be battling out for longest running NORTH AMERICAN show, neither can hold a candle to Coronation Street, which has been running non-stop for 40 some odd years.

GO KEN BARLOW!!

14. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

It has defiantly lost its edge, but I still like to watch.
    It has become somewhat of a commentary on society and even though Family Guy is funny, it will never be as good as the Simpsons was

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Christ....yeah that does make me feel old.

Simpsons is still one of my favorite shows even though I do totally agree it's not quite as good as it was ten years ago. They really should pull out all the stops, make a great motion picture and end with a bang.

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

Strangely enough, if they did a Simpsons theatrical movie, I'd have to go see it.

17. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too bad fox should have stopped ordering seasons of the simpsons five years ago when the show still resembled something humorous.

18. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah true but cori is still and has always utter crap. Still I guess 40 years worth of crap is still pretty impressive.

19. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    The Simpsons will continue on Fox as long as they want for the same reason Brett Favre will be the Packers QB until he decides to hang it up...Favre helped pull the Packers out of YEARS of sucking and turning them back into one of the greatest NFL teams (Even though they do suck again, so that comparison REALLY works well...). Favre is no where NEAR the level he used to be at, and truthfully hasn't been for years, but he's the QB, and he'll remain the QB until he walks away.

Without the Simpsons and Married with Children, Fox would have died on the runway...like UPN & WB who now face having to merge rather than just closing up shop. The Simpsons aren't what they used to be, but they have a shot at a record that has stood for ages, and in this ever finicky age we may never see another show come close. I say let them set the record, raise the bar, and then go out on their terms...

20. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    They *are* doing a theatrical movie. At least, that's what they've been saying for the last five seasons or so. Currently, it's slated to come out in 2008 to coincide with the end of the series.