Fox Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that could be fun.

would be interesting to see if in the long run, if marvel will try to mix the two later on in a joint studio production.

3. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

okay, all I got out of that is
    1. the new fantastic four movie coming out 2014 is gonna be in the same universe as xmen first class
    2. by "fox marvel cinematic universe" it's really just an xmen and fantastic four crossover
    3. a chance to do the fastball special on the big screen

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Are the X-Men and FF really known for working together? I mean, I'm not a hardcore Marvel fan, but isn't Spidey/FF crossover and even an X-Men/Avengers crossover more common in the books?

This, so far, just feels like a forced collab because of the 2 Marvel licenses held by Fox.

5. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never heard of Fantastic Four and X-men working together. This sounds incredibly forced.

6. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    X-Men and Fantastic Four have literally crossed over several times, including an Ultimate mini series that was the two teams teaming up. And Wolverine was on one of the substitute FF teams. Hell, Ben Grimm and Logan worked together for SHIELD at one point. Nothing forced here, just FOX trying to tap in the Disney success.

7. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Thanks. I had no idea that Ben had history with Logan and SHIELD.

I do remember the Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Grey Hulk Fantastic Four though, if that's what you're referring to.

8. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

If Fox had more time to do the Daredevil reboot, it'd probably be a part of this universe. But I'm just glad Daredevil will be back to Marvel Studios.

9. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

I have no problem with crossing over but what bothers me is it seems fox has made these films that while good still don't match the quality of the avengers films. Had it been done before it would have been differant but its like theyre only putting in effort once they saw the avengers series and are suddenly thinking "ow man we need to step it up marvels making us look bad"

10. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think both the X & FF franchises would do better being in their own universes rather than such a limited shared universe, especially with how each group is viewed by the public at large. X-men are hated and feared. The FF are celebrities. Plus, I think both Magneto and Doom are diminished by having the other one out there in the world.

Either way, I just want to see another FF movie, preferably a '60s period piece.

Also, I demand an X-Statix movie. ASAP.

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I'd rather a universe that crosses over Spider-Man and FF to be honest.

The X-men should just be in their own little universe that's separate from all the others IMO. It just seems to fit their style better.

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    What would make their shared universe limited? The juxtaposition of the two teams can be fantastic, considering FF and X-Men are both of Marvel's biggest families. FF is widely accepted and beloved while the X-Men fight to save the same world and hated.

And what capacity are Magneto and Doom being diminished? Are they being diminished by being in the same comic world?

This new doesn't even really mean there will be a crossover, just a shared universe so maybe Beast and Mr Fantastic can invent the ultimate nullifier to defeat Galactus in a FF sequel. Or Iceman and Human Torch exchanging silly puns at a bar in an after credit scene.

13. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Gosh I hope not.

I personally want the original Marvel Cinematic Universe to continue to expand.

I'm still hoping the Fantastic Four and Daredevil reboots will tie into the MCU somehow along with The Amazing Spider-Man.

14. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Limited to just the X and FF families instead of the entirety of the Marvel Universe.

And in a universe that just X-Men and FF, the different perceptions just don't make sense. Why hate and fear 10s to 100s of thousands of mutants but laud the Fantastic Four? And how does the 2 teams working together not instantly change the perception of one group to that of the other, either making people except mutants or view the FF as traitors to their race? Lionized X-Men and/or vilified FF are antithetical to their concepts at the core, hence limiting.

Also, Magneto and Doom can coexist in the MU because that universe is huge. An X&FF Only universe would be a rather small pond to put two very large fish into. They couldn't help but steal each other's shine.

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

marvel universe be on saban 's vortexx
    marvel vs dc cross over like in comics

16. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Question. Does The CW get more publicity than Disney XD?

17. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube: