Fowler's Boss: General Clayton Abernathy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

At the Hasbro panel at the San Diego Comic Con in 2010, Hasbro stated that no crossovers between "Transformers Prime" and "G.I. Joe Renegades" will occur anytime soon since they want both series to stand on their own legs first. However, they hinted that it could happen in the future.

Well Agent Fowler works for the pentagon. Could General Clayton Abernathy be his boss if Hasbro is planning a crossover eventually? Could Clayton know about the existence of the Transformers but can't reveal anything to the public? If so, could Abernathy make cameo appearences on "Transformers Prime" when Fowler's briefing him?

Is is just me, or does the style of the humans in "G.I. Joe Renegades" look somewhat similar to that in "Transformers Prime"?

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anything is possible, tho. Since HASBRO insists that WFC=PRIME, they could come back later and say that Fowler is actually Duke.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    More like Stalker.

4. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Its not happening...

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

You seem to have a lot of dificulty letting that conection go. Most of us don´t buy it either. So why don´t simply let the whole thing die and be forgotten?

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Renegades isnt cgi, is it?
    If it isn't, then it wont happen. Because the animation aesthetic is completely different.

7. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    though it may be unlikely it's not out of the realm of possibility. Nickelodeon did have a few Fairly OddParents/Jimmy Neutron crossover shows & they don't normally share aesthetics either Jimmy Neutron is CG, oddparents isn't. tho they did have CG versions of the Oddparents' characters when appropriate

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Because.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

maybe as a wink to the fans only; but i'd suspect it'd look ENTIRELY different from the renegades person, and it'd only be in NAME only, probably just "general Hawk"

10. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

<<<getting tired of his looking into prime as much as he is

11. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Let them be seperate continuities.
    No need to mix it up.
    Most team-ups look forced.
    Regular storylines get disrupted.
    Keep them apart.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    At most, I'd expect a name-drop that's as much a homage / in joke as anything. Something to the effect of Fowler getting a phonecall, picking up the phone and hollywood style you don't hear the voice on the other end, and his response is just "General Abernathy, sir!? Yes, yes I'm there now. No, it's all under control. I'll keep you informed sir".

That is the absolute most crossing over I'd expect. A random namedrop where the person on the other end of the phone could be named Morshower, Banachek, Fairbourne or any other name of your choosing.

13. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well in the "Renegades" cartoon, Abernathy is suspicious of Cobra Industries. The question is why? Could Cobra Industries have secretly been connected too or played a hand in the events that involved or lead to the U.S. government's discovery of the Transformers 3 years ago? Could Abernathy have been involved in those events and uncovered some hint of Cobra Industries suspicious and insidious secret involvement that could have lead to his suspicion of the corporation? Maybe Cobra Industries got their hands on a crashed Transformer three years ago. Maybe they have it secretly stored like Sector 7 did with Megatron in the movies. Maybe Cobra Industries developed its laser gun and other technologies from this secretly stashed Transformer.

14. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Why not? "Renegades" is a good cartoon and crossovers are fun if done right.

15. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

That's right. And the design aesthetic for those two cartoons was more different than for "Renegades" and "Prime". Plus "Renegades" being 2-D animated was not by choice. Hasbro originally wanted a CGI cartoon but it had too many characters to justify the expense of so many CGI models.