Fourth robot reviving Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by uKER, May 3, 2009.

1. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

I guess you have all noticed that in the trailer there's four robots going down to get Megatron, but on the shot of them reviving him, only three are visible.

AFAIK, everyone is assuming that the fourth bot isn't in the shot because of the camera angle, but I haven't seen anyone state something that should be obvious, which is that this fourth robot is the one that sacrifices his spark to reactivate Megatron, which is why he's not seen in the second shot.
    He's dead!

We should assume it's not a Constructicon, since Megatron's revival is surely before Devastator's appearance, so he would be missing a component.

Or perhaps it's the controversial 7th Constructicon that sacrifices himself, which is why he never gets to take part in the formation of Devastator, thus him not appearing in the toy?

I always thought it would be Scorponok's spark and parts that revived Megatron, but the trailer doesn't seem to indicate that.

Discuss at will.

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i heard it was Soundwave that goes down-though it could be because he's holding someone else's spark for the ressurection.

3. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    He's "one of those nameless cannon fodder dude"-ticon.

4. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

I reakon its soundwave in command of the constructicons......
    maybe when hes in sattalite mode over the earth and the protoforms are nearing earth he grabs on too 2 of them and rips there sparks out and hold on to them till that scene.

5. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wont be the 7th Constructicon; it looks to me like he forms the main bulk of Devastator's face. Devastator is shown in the desert, the 7th Constructicon is also shown in the desert fighting Bumblebee in the recent trailer. Megatron is also seen in the desert.

If Megatron and the unknown Constructicon are both in the same area at the same time, it wont be him.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Complete shot in the dark, and something I'd dismiss as highly unlikely and a stretch...but maybe Skywarp? He did 'revive' Megatron the G1 pilot (though Megatron wasn't dead, just inactive as the other robots were), and his body was floating around when a dying Megatron was reformatted into Galvatron. One of the posts regarding the 'who'd give up their spark to bring Megatron back' question suggested it'd be in a way that'd tie into the franchise's previous history. If they wanted, they could use Skywarp as quick cannon fodder and still keep Soundwave for the rest of the film.

Again, I'm dismissing it as unlikely myself. And wishful thinking, if it ends up Soundwave that's killed off to bring Megatron back.

7. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Why do you say it's the 7th constructicon fighting Bumblebee?
    The 'mystery 7th Constructicon' is Overload, which NOBODY knows ANYTHING about.

I guess you meant 'into Galvatron'.
    Anyway, the idea of Skywarp sacrificing his spark could go with what some guy, allegedly a Dreamworks insider, is saying in another forum, about Megatron being revived by someone that did revive him in the Transformers mythos (which I'm nowhere near familiar with), and willingly gave his spark to do so.

About Soundwave, I'd disregard him as the one being sacrificed. He was added due to fan outcry asking for him, and special attention seems to be paid to his character, appearance and voice (ie Welker getting hired), so I'd say they won't take the chance of killing him and pissing off the people they're trying to please in the first place.

8. RAVAGE-_-EJECT!

RAVAGE-_-EJECT! Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say....Shockwave. If any of that info is correct that's my guess. Long Haul brings the spark with him on the journey to Earth but not before Soundwave designates him the alt mode of the green dump truck---just throwing out some "hot air" :) 

I can't for one second see Soundwave go out like that---I would cry :( 

9. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Megs wasn't dead. He went into "stasis lock" after soaking up most of the cube.

10. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say he is the 7th Constructicon because he has treads very similar in design to Rampage's. He also has the same head as Rampage's toy. We know what six of the Constructicons turn into, and if this guy is the "7th Constructicon" he does not look like he could transform into any of those vehicles, except for Rampage's vehicle mode. Maybe he is Rampage? Who knows?

I'm just making guesses like everybody else here is. Including yourself. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, and I'm not saying that you're right and I'm wrong either.

11. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

actually there is no seventh cc. the main bulk is formed by mix master and demolisher

12. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

nope hes dead jim. but wait he comes with a special revive feature when you plug a spark into his chest.WARNING: revive feature may have side effects like death of optimus, leader of the decepticons returns, and rusting at the third level. some assembly required. additional upgrades like tank threads and fusion cannon not included. spark not included.

13. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

I'm not attacking you either.
    The point is that I agree that it's Rampage fighting Bumblebee, but the so called 7th Constructicon, namely Overload, is one we know NOTHING about, not even what vehicle he transforms into, let alone anything about his robot mode.
    Heck, some people go as far as to say he doesn't exist.

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha, yes I meant Galvatron in my original post. Sorry, brainfart. I edited the post.

15. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    i just hope its not soundwave.

it better not be...or else!...

-rikkuluverx2

16. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    that sounds possible

17. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

you will go on a mindless rampage destroying many major and minor countries and after that you are killed by a blue and red truck.

18. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

No way would they let such an iconic character go out like that.

Potential Spoiler:

I havent heard anyone mention this about the 7th constructicon . . . .but what if he made the face of devestator? seeing as there is no red at all on mixmaster and mixmaster makes the head. Devs face is red, and that scene with bumblebee fighting a red constructicon could back this up.

Anyone else think this?

19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the 7th CC made the back of Devys, though I could be wrong. I think MM is the head.

20. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the 2 bots on the right are mixmaster and longhaul

[​IMG]

as for the 2 on the left i dont see any treads and doesnt look like rampages arms or claws to me on the guy on the bottom, that would mean the other guy is rampage.

[​IMG]